t h r e e

Scott's POV

It's only been a few months since Stiles disappeared, but it feels like it's been years. The pack is slowly falling apart because we keep failing at our attacks, and no one seems happy anymore. Malia left with Peter to search for her mother. Kira came back from New York, but I told her I couldn't do a relationship right now. I'm missing a part of me; I'm missing my brother.

//Flashback//

We brought everything inside in silence, still in shock after what happened. We just wanted to protect him, and we planned on breaking it to him a lot easier than the way he heard it. I should've known that he was going to overhear, but it looked like he was going to be a while just thinking to himself in the Jeep.

A few hours later, it was only me, Derek, Lydia, and Malia remaining. A violent knock was heard, and Derek cautiously approached the door with his claws out. He slides the door open carefully only to reveal the sheriff. But something was off. He smelled of alcohol and deep sadness.

"Sheriff? What's wrong?" Lydia asked, seeming genuinely concerned.

He look up and raised his shaking hand to point at us. "You. You did this. You made me lose my son." He said, his voice full of rage.

//Flashback Over//

Of course we felt the guilt that came with the information in the letter to the sheriff. What may have hurt more is that none of us were mentioned. He only stated that we kicked him out, and all we could do is bow our heads in shame. Even Derek is starting to feel the loss, even though he would never admit it.

My mom was probably just as furious as Mr. Stilinski, saying that the pack wouldn't survive without its anchor.

But after a while, the pain was gone, and it was replaced by more anger and annoyance. Stiles wouldn't even let us explain ourselves; he just threw a tantrum and left. He turned half of the town against us, with the sheriff saying that he left because of bullying from us. All of this could have been avoided if he wasn't so childish.

Besides, Mason can come up with some pretty decent plans, so what do we need Stiles for anyway? Mason stays out of trouble and does what he's told, unlike Stiles, who just caused worry throughout the pack. Maybe we're better off without him...