Chapter 2

Cas

Castiel sat down slowly in his new seat, his blue eyes never straying from Dean's green eyes. Castiel smiled again as the teacher began class. "Oh god," Castiel thought, "Am I smiling too much? What if I scare him away? He's so beautiful! And nice. And funny... Pay attention, Cas... Oh, great, now I'm already using his nickname. I haven't even told anyone I'm gay. What if he's not? Will he hate me? What am I going to do?" On the inside Castiel was panicking, but he was perfectly calm and smiling slightly on the outside. Dean apparently picked up on his inner distress, though, and nudged him while sending him a questioning glance. Castiel slightly shook his head and looked back at the teacher with the intention to pay attention the rest of class. He did no such thing, however, as Dean was suddenly sitting much closer than he had been, though, he hadn't moved at all. His presence filled the room with an electricity only Castiel could feel. He could not get Dean out of his head the entire class, no matter how hard he tried. At the end of the class, Dean offered to walk Castiel to his next class, but he politely refused claiming to already know where it is. He actually had no idea where it was, but thankfully, he almost immediately ran into Jo.

"How'd first go?" Jo inquired as soon as she saw him.

"Good, I guess. I couldn't really pay attention. I'm..." Castiel paused for a few moments while he thought, "really tired."

"Oh, that's no problem! Just get on Singer's good side and you won't have any problem." Jo grabbed his arm tightly and drug him to his class, skipping happily. Castiel sat miserably through his next three classes waiting for lunch, which had the potential to be either very good or very bad; both because of Dean Winchester.