7

--Hamilton--

"You know what ,John Laurens, I think I love you."
John smiled and chuckled out "I think I love me too." before shaking his head and whispering sweetly "I love you Hamilton." The way he called me by my last name sent sparks flying through my body, he was incredibly -how do you say- hot when he did that.
He hobbled off the counter ,thigh clearly still hurting, and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Thank you, Alex." He said, pain in his voice.
"For what."
"For being here for me, I really appreciate it." My heart literally melted when he said that and I lightly kissed his forehead.
"John, you can tell me what's up, please, I won't judge." He titled his head towards me and stared deeply into my eyes, as I did to him.
Reluctantly, he nodded and we walked through and sat on his bed.
"So, I was born a girl. I was born Joan. I-I never felt comfortable. At school I would always hand round with boys and wear boy stuff. My parents just thought I was a tomboy but I knew I wasn't, I knew that I was a boy. I told my mum and she accepted me, supported me. I love my mum. When I was 14 she, um okay, sorry, she d-died" He was choking on his words now. "My dad made me wear girls clothes again, he became alcoholic. I couldn't stand the few beatings he dished out between me and my siblings and the way he would force dresses and makeup on me. I started to cut and it felt really good. I then got on the alcohol and drugs myself. That lasted about 2 years before I stopped. I found ways to be John without my father noticing. So that-that was g-good I guess.  Lafayette bought me a binder which is great. But -erm- my dad found my testosterone pills so I had to confess, he beat me and called me a fag because I also somehow let it slip that I am gay. Just the other day he got a gay called Charles Lee to -erm, to um, to r-rape me." I gasped horribly at that. John was raped? "So that is why I was wearing the dress and why I started cutting again and-" He stared crying, like he couldn't hold it in.
"Oh John. I can't believe someone could hurt you so much." I let him cry into my chest and I ran my fingers through his soft hair. "Its okay baby, no one will hurt you again." He chuckled a bit and I had no idea why.
"Baby?" He whimpered out and I gasped, I didn't realise I said that.
"I'm sorry-I-I d-don't know-" he cut me off by saying
"Stop Hamilton, its okay you silly." I chuckled a little.
"Babygirl....." I said in the most sarcastic voice ever. (a/n: no I'm not starting a daddy kink and this fanfic will have no smut in it, you little sinners❤️)
"Shut up Hammy." I threw my head back in laughter.
"Can I kiss you again?" I asked in a quiet voice. He chuckled before I closed the gap between us again. John wrapped his fingers in my birds nest of hair and my arms wrapped around his neck. Our lips moved perfectly in sync.
This was perfect.
It was filled with true, pure love.
Because I truly, purely loved John Laurens.
I had never felt this feeling with anyone else. It was never like this with Eliza or anyone back in the Caribbean.
It was like John was the one. The one person I could really be happy with.

We pulled away and sat arms wrapped around each other for what seemed like hours, lovely happy hours.

--le time skip--

Me and John were watching Stranger Things on Netflix when my phone buzzed in my pocket, causing me to jump. "Everything alright?" John asked and I nodded pulling my phone out.

There was a missed call from an unknown number and they left a text.

The second I read it my stomach flipped around and my phone went crashing to the floor.

--Laurens--

My eyes followed the smashing sound to find Alex's phone cracked on the floor. I looked up at him and was shocked.
His face was a mixture of utter sadness, guilt and confusion. Something terrible had happened. I could read people easily. That text Alex got was not good.

"Alex?" There was no response he just stared painfully at the floor.
"Alexander?" I said more sternly this time. He met my gaze and quickly whimpered out "I have to- to go." Then within about three seconds he picked up his jacket from the floor and bolted out of the dorm.

Without thinking I panickingly (is 'panickingly' even a word) searched for my jacket,whipped it on and chased after Alex.
He was really fast. I struggled to keep up. I heard an annoyingly recognisable voice some from behind me shout "Joan, sorry John, you run like a girl!" I cringed at that statement because I knew very well my running wasn't like Alex's in the slightest. "FUCK OFF JEFFERSON!" I screamed and set back to chasing after Alex.

We cut through side alleys and round corners. I was just about to pass out from exhaustion as Alex pulled to a quick stop.
He stopped at a house which was surrounded by whimpering people and a police car. Alex looked quickly around before ignoring everyone's instructions on not to go in by, you guessed it, running in the ruined house.
I walked over to the crowd and heard multiple people saying "the poor boy" and "I never knew the depression was this bad."
I ran in the house completely ignoring people shouting 'no!'
Inside I was greeted by Alex in a heap on the floor crying horrifically.
I looked around the messy room we were in and my eyes landed on a figure hanging from the ceiling. Hanging from a rope.
A police officer walked in and said solemnly

"It's the boys cousin, he committed suicide thirty minutes ago."