Chapter Eight: You're Going To Be Okay

Piss Boy
Chapter Eight: You're Going To Be Okay

I WAKE up suddenly as I hear whimpers and sobs in my sleep. I shoot up in bed, looking around for where the noises are coming from.

     "I-I ..." Scott begins but then starts hiccuping and wailing. He brings his hands to his face, covering it and in the process causing tears and snot to cover his face as well.

     "It's going to be alright,"

     "B-b-but ... He-e ..." he shakes his head at his words, wiping his hands down on the sweatpants I had given him to wear.

     "Whoever 'he' is isn't here, Scott. You're going to be okay," I say, trying to comfort him but still not knowing why.

     I try to pull him into my arms but he flinches, bringing his hands up to protect his face. His sobs get louder and more hysterical, breathing ragged. It reminds me of his first night here and how he broke down because of his nightmare.

     "It's okay, it's just me, it's just Vincent," I gently lower Scott's arms with my hands, looking into his eyes as I do so.

     He moves closer to me, face scrunching up as a pained expression crosses his face -- probably from the nightmare -- and his eyes water again. I manage a smile, pulling him closer to me.

     My shirt quickly gets soaked as he breaks down again, sobs lessening as I continue to rub his back. His sniffling continues even after his sobs stop. I keep one arm around his lithe body as I dig around in my bedside table's drawer for tissue.

     I find a box and pull it out, raising it to see if I had grabbed what I wanted. Blushing when I realize that I was holding up a box of condoms, I quickly drop it back into the drawer and find the tissue box.

     "Here," I say, pulling Scott off of me slightly. He whines and looks up at me with red, puffy eyes.

     I hold up a tissue to his nose, which makes him try and look at it. Chuckling at how adorable he looks, I kiss his forehead.

     "Blow your nose," he looks up at me in realization and then proceeds to do so.

     "Wh-where are you-ou going?" His voice is raspy and raw from the crying beforehand and I smile slightly at him as I get up.

     "To the kitchen to get you some water, okay?" Scott nods in response as he falls back onto the bed.

     He's so child-like.

     While turning on the faucet I remember that my phone is still on the table. I check the time, seeing that it's midnight.

     After retrieving a glass of water from the kitchen I come back to Scott and hand it to him, also pecking his lips gently.

     "You're okay now?" he nods, smiling up at me. Sweat sticks his hair to his forehead. My shirt, now covered in sweat, tears, and snot, is not going to be accompanying me while I sleep, that's for sure.

     I strip myself of my shirt, placing it into the hamper before getting back onto my bed. Scott had only just placed the cup on the bedside table and wasn't paying me any mind.

     "Uh ... V-Vincent?" he says, voice unsure as I turn my head to look at him. Faint blush coats his face as he eyes me, looking a bit lost.

     "My shirt is wet now," I pout. I eye his shirt, noting that it's sticking to his torso because of the sweat on his skin. "Yours is too,"