Four

Becca's POV

Making my way inside the flat to the familiar surroundings it was good to be home.  The answer machine was flashing telling me I had three messages.  One from Kristen asking me about my night, one from my boss Sienna asking me if I had my flight details and one from Mum checking in on me like she always did on a Saturday.  I gave her a quick call (well I tried to make it quick) but she was in the mood to talk.  "You ok sweetie, you have a good night with Krissy and the girls".  "I did Mum we had a great time it was great seeing her again, I didn't realise how much I'd missed her".  "Soooo" Mum asked "anything else to report"?  "Not really Mum, I'm heading to Paris on Sunday for work to get ready for our runway show so it's been crazy busy, I'm looking forward to it though, lots of chances to meet other designers and network". "That's great honey, I'll let you get on with your day, no doubt you need to pack and organise Buster".  "Thanks Mum I do need to get a move on, will call you when I'm in Paris, love you".  "Love you honey, see you later".

I sent Sienna a text letting her know that Jacqui had emailed me my reservation and all was fine.  I got a text back wishing me luck and to enjoy the trip.  I then called Kristen.  "Sooooo lil sis, how was ya night then with the handsome pop star"?   I laughed.  "It was pretty good actually, he's a really lovely guy and treated me like a princess, we had a great night".  "Babes, come on, I need more than that, did you stay the night"?  "That's none of your business thank you Kristen" I replied back laughing.  "Oh shit so you did then, what's he like, he good, big, good kisser"?  I could feel myself blushing.  "If I say yes to all of the above will you bugger off and stop the 20 questions"?  "I can't believe you did the nasty with Harry Styles, you my darling sister are a lucky girl, you gonna see him again"?  "He wanted to but I turned him down, I didn't think it would be a good idea, what with my work being so busy and the new flat, I didn't want to lead him on".  I could almost picture Krissy's face.  "Really, Becca jesus, there are literally thousands of women throwing themselves at him on a daily basis and you say oh no sorry can't,  my work is busy and I'm in a new flat, if I was there I'd slap you".  "Krissy I love you but I have to go now ok, shit to do".  "Yeah yeah I get it trying to get rid of me, well have a great time in Paris and Facetime when when you get there, love you little one".  "Love you too Krissy bye". 

I headed over to my computer to check my emails.  I had a few, mostly spam and then one that I didn't want to open.  Seb.  My ex.  We'd been broken up for over a year now and Seb still hadn't gotten over it.  We'd parted on reasonable terms, he'd left to work in New York as an Architect and unfortunately I just didn't love him enough to follow.  He had been upset as had I but it needed to happen.  I refused to follow someone halfway across the world if I just didn't feel it.  I couldn't deal with him right now so I left the email un-opened and decided to go and change out of Harry's clothes into my own. I took off the t-shirt and pants.  God they smelt amazing and I was suddenly brought back to the night before.  I started to feel a little annoyed that I'd dismissed Harry's offer.  Truth be told I was scared.  He'd made me feel so good and I had really enjoyed his company.  We were the same age, liked similar things. When we talked it was so easy, not complicated and I liked that.  I felt instantly comfortable with him and I guess that's why I went home with him.  It wasn't my intent when I went out that night, just happened.  I didn't make a habit of going out to bars and hooking up with randoms.  I went to the washing machine, chucked in Harry's clothes and a basket full of mine and set it going.

********

I'd packed my bag and put up the clothes on the clothes horse to dry.  I decided to update my blog so headed out to the garden with Buster in tow.  My beautiful King Charles Spaniel my favourite guy.  Seb had brought him for my birthday, it was the best present.  I'd wanted a dog for some time and when Seb brought him home I fell in love.  "Come on Busted, come sit with Mumma".  Buster jumped up on the cushion making himself at home.  I flicked on my blog and made a quick entry.  I'd made myself a jug of Pimms and it was going down a treat.  I logged off my blog and had a quick look at "The Daily Mirror" online.  What I saw made me almost spit my drink out "Harry Styles pictured at London Club with mystery girl".   It was me plain as day, my dress, my hair, my shoes, yip it was me. I read the crap that accompanied the picture.  It was a complete load of shite.  I shut the laptop and cuddled with Buster.  "Well boy, looks like Mummy's had her five minutes of fame hmm".  My phone started to buzz then, it was Jan my pet sitter checking in with me and asking what time she needed to come and look in on Buster.  I let her know that his food would be organised and she would just need to pop in twice a day.  He had a little dog door so he was able to come and go, he basically just needed some company as he got a bit lonely.  He was only a year old and liked to socialise.  When I took him to the park everyone would stop and tell me how cute he was.  

My phone buzzed again and I noticed that I had a lot of Twitter notifications  and new followers.  Then I saw it and it all made sense Harry Styles is following you.  I saw that I had a DM so decided to open it.   "Becca, I've just been talking to my management and they've informed me that we were papped last night.  I'm so sorry for this awful intrusion.  I know you said that you were busy with work and your new flat but I'd really like to see you again.  I've been thinking about you all day and I really enjoyed talking to you and of course our night together.  Please reconsider - H xx