Nine

Harry's POV  13/3/2017

She rang me! She rang me and told me all about the runway show.  I asked her out one last time, she said yes, she actually said yes to going out to Dinner with me. I'm so bloody elated I can't stop smiling.  I want to take her somewhere special so I make a reservation at "The Foyer at Claridges".  I ask for a table that is towards the back of the Dining room as I don't want Becca to feel as if she is on show.  I want her to feel comfortable.  It's Monday and she will be back on Wednesday.  I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to wait till then so I fill my diary with meetings and sessions in the studio to occupy my time.  I send Becca a text message to let her know that I will pick her up on Wednesday evening from her flat.  She replies back instantly and I smile at her response.  

"Bonjour Mr Styles.  You are up early this morning.  I will look forward to our Dinner date, Claridges hmm, fancy, I must be worth it! xx

 She is most definitely worth it and I plan on telling her so when I see her again.  

 I busy myself getting ready for my day.  I start with a half hour jog on the treadmill then head into the shower.  The water is great and eases my tired muscles and I could stay in all day but I've got shit to do.  I shut the water off and towel myself dry.  It's a warm day so I dress casually. I'm starving and not sure what I really want for Breakfast.  I decide on a smoothie and grab a handful of fresh fruit, kale and chia seeds.  I blitz it up and pour it into a shaker to take with me in the car.  I know I should rinse the blender out so I give it a quick wash and put it in the dishwasher for later when I'll get round to switching it on.

I decide to take the Audi today for a change.  The Range Rover is usually my vehicle of choice but I'm in a good mood and the Audi's always great to drive.  I grab the keys to the Audi and lock the house and set the alarm.  I push the garage door opener and make my way to the car.  I turn the ignition over and she comes to life purring like a gorgeous big cat.  I make my way out of the garage and through the gates, they close behind me and I head down Spaniards Rd.  I turn on the Ipod and can't help but put my foot down as this car is made for speed.  I've got myself in some trouble previously for speeding and I know I shouldn't go fast as it would be just my luck for some bloody pap to snap me.  I ease my foot of the gas and listen to the music.  I'm playing the tracks for my album and I'm just about happy with them. 

I arrive at the studio where Jeff is waiting for me Coffee in hand and what looks like a mass of paperwork.  To be honest I'm not looking forward to wading through that but I am intrigued as to what he has for me.  Dunkirk is set to be released on the 21st of July in the UK and the 19th of July in the US.  I'm nervous but I'm excited at the same time as I'm so bloody proud of the movie.  It was tough but worth every long day in the water.   

"Harold" "Jeffrey".  I'm greeted with a warm hug and handed my Coffee.  "You alright"? He asks me.  "I'm good" I reply back, eager to get inside and get some of these vocals down.  I usher him inside the studio and we make our way down the long corridor to Studio Six.  It's become my second home for the last few months and I'm instantly comfortable as I walk through the doors and greet my crew, Joe Zook and David Martell my sound guys, then there's my partners in crime, the best song writers a guy could have.  Jamie Scott, John Ryan and of course Julian Bunetta.  If it wasn't for these guys I wouldn't sound any good at all so I'm eternally grateful for their support and expertise.  

Jeff takes a seat at the side whilst we chat about shit and drink our coffees.  I finish my drink then head into the recording booth to re-record a couple of verses that I wasn't happy with.  I give it all I've got an Julian give me a thumbs up saying that it "sounds really good" and he liked when I went up an octave at the end of the verse like Louis suggested. I sing a few more verses and I'm pretty happy with them.  I come out of the booth and Jeff hands me a bottle of water which I gratefully except.  "Sounding good Hersh" he says "really good". "You think so"? I ask back "it sounds ok"?  "I wouldn't lie Hersh and I'd tell you if I thought it was crap".  I have to agree as Jeff is pretty straight forward and he would indeed tell me if it sounded like shit.   "Glad you like it, I've worked my arse off for this and I want it to be perfect, authentic.  "Well there's no doubt you've nailed that H".

Jeff has several files and he places them in front of me.  There are four movie scripts,  two scripts for a television movie, scripts for presenting roles,  a book deal, writing opportunities for several artists,  my opportunities are endless and I am extremely grateful for the position I am in.  Jeff hands me each file and I take my time looking through each one carefully.  I am intrigued at one of the  presenting roles as it is for a travel show.  I love travelling and have been lucky enough to travel a lot through out my career.  The thing with touring the world is that you do get to see a lot of different places but you don't get to stay in one place for too long. The movie scripts look interesting too, a little different to Dunkirk but that's good as I don't want to be "pigeon holed" into a particular role, like soap actors who make their names in certain roles and that's all they are ever known as. 

Jeff and I spend a good few hours chatting about the various offers and opportunities and we decide that I will read for the travel show and also one of the movie scripts and write for a couple of artists. I also mention to Jeff that I would quite like to get involved with UNESCO as a good will ambassador.  When the lads and I went to Ghana for "Comic Relief" it was an amazing experience and one that I will remember for the rest of my life. Jeff promises me that he will get in touch with them as he has a contact there and will let me know in due course what the outcome is.  I fare well him and head back into the studio again to lay a few more tracks down. 

********

I'm meeting a few friends in Camden tonight and I'm looking forward to that as I haven't seen them in some time.  Time seems to slip away on me and before I know where I am three months of the year has gone past.  When I was touring I didn't used to take much notice of times or dates or anything really.  The days all seemed to roll into one.  I head home from the studio take a quick shower then head back out. 

I'm paped walking down Chalk Farm Rd on my way to "Cottons"

I'm paped walking down Chalk Farm Rd on my way to "Cottons".  I'm not surprised really, but I am frustrated.  I'd like to go out just once and not have a camera shoved in my face or someone yell my name expecting me to smile on command.  I continue walking chatting on my phone to Gem and head into the restaurant greeting my friends.  It's a great atmosphere here and the food is sublime and the drinks are going down a treat.  We stay talking and catching up to well past midnight.  For a few hours I'm just Harry, not "Harry Styles - from One Direction" and its good because I relish these moments where I can just be me.  I leave "Cottons" call my driver who isn't too far away and head for home.