Eight

Authors Note

Hi everyone.  Hope you are enjoying this story.  Just a little note.  I have no idea about the fashion industry or what goes on at a runway show, I'm writing from little experience.  I assume they go something like the way I have written - so I apologise if I'm not quite right. 

****************

Becca's POV - Paris 

The runway show was insane - but such a buzz. If you've ever been behind the scenes of a high end runway show then you'll know what I'm talking about.  Everyone is stressed and there's this amazing energy that you can't quite describe, it's like my drug and I can't get enough of it.  The fashion industry is cut throat, brutal and some falter - not me.  I was born for this.  I assisted my models in getting ready, giving the hair and make-up crew clear directions of what I wanted them to look like.  As always they're on point and I'm thrilled at how my models look on the catwalk.  I watch them walk out like a proud Mum as they make my designs look beautiful.  I always get a little worked up when I show, I think about the process I've gone through, the visions I get from every day things, sketching them out, creating the pattern the fabric everything, till this stage where the world sees my babies.  Before I know where I am I'm being dragged out to the stage where I take a bow "Rebecca Lee Andrews for Yves Saint Laurent"  is plastered across the projected screens.  Everyone is clapping for me and I'm extremely proud.

The fall collection has been a success and I am excited that my designs will soon be appearing in YSL stores across the world and online.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that my collection would be centre stage.  Dame Anna Wintour comes over to chat to me and I am extremely excited.  We have met several times before and she is just the most wonderful lady.  "Becca darling"she kisses me on each cheek and wraps me in a warm hug. "Dame Anna, it's lovely to see you, did you enjoy the show"?  "I did and your designs are just wonderful, I'd love to send one of my writers out to do a piece on your collection".  I'm flattered and quite excited.  "I'd love that, I am heading back to London tomorrow and will be in my office on Wednesday".  "Well I'll be in touch and we can organise something that suits both of us, again the collection is beautiful darling, be proud of it Becca".  She kisses me again and we part ways with the promise that she will be in touch. Hannah Lyons Powell from Marie Claire UK also comes to see me and congratulates me.  Kate Reardon from Tatler is also there and we chat for several minutes about another interview.  I am so thrilled I can hardly breathe.  I want to tell everyone I know about the success of the show - but there's one person who comes to mind that I want to call first and I don't know why - Harry.

I make my way outside to where my driver is waiting for me and I jump into the car buzzing with so much energy.  The ride back to the apartment is a quick one and I rush inside.  Take my heels off and relax with a glass of bubbles.  I deserve it.  I dial Harry's number before I lose my nerve.  He answers on the fourth ring.  

"Hello"

"Hey Harry its, Becca"

"Hey Becca, how's things?  How did the runway show go"?

"Oh my god Harry it was amazing, Dame Anna Wintour wants to do a spread on me in Vogue and I've also been approached by Marie Claire and Tattler.  Everyone loved the collection and I'm just so excited".

I pictured his beautiful smile as we continued to chat about the show and the other designers.  He was so lovely remarking that I deserved all the success.  He was keen to see my designs and I really wanted to show them to him.  He had such a wonderful sense of fashion and I'd love to design something for him.  He was the perfect model and I'd already had ideas in my head.

"Becca, I know you've said that you're busy with work and your new home but I'd love to take you to Dinner when you get home, what do you say? Can I twist your arm"?

I decided to just go for it.  

"I'd love to Harry, that would be really lovely".

There was stunned silence on the other end of the phone.  

"Harry, you there"?  "I am love" he replied with a laugh.   

"I was just waiting for the no again, you've made my day Becca".  "Well I am pleased to hear that Mr Styles, I look forward to seeing you in a few days".  "Not as much as I am looking forward to seeing you Miss Andrews, I'll let you go and get some sleep, thank you for ringing love, I'm glad everything went well, sweet dreams and good night Becca".

"Good  night Harry"

  I hang up then, butterflies in my tummy.  I was excited about my Dinner date with Harry.  I'd turned him down three times already and figured that was silly and I should just go for it. He is so lovely and I know he will treat me well.

  I'm starving and decide to head out for something to eat.  I call my driver who arrives in record time and drops me off at one of my favourite Cafes "Le Cafe Popote".  I order my favourite Vegetarian Linguine with some crusty baguette and a glass of bubbles.  My food is brought to me in record time and I take a selfie and post it on Instagram.

@BexyLeeAndy - Enjoying my favourite pasta at my favourite cafe after a successful runway show #designing is my life #lovemyjob

It was a stunning night in Paris and the Eiffel Tower was lit up beautifully.  I finished my food and decided to take a stroll down the Champs Elysees. I passed several people eating dinner drinking wine, enjoying themselves.   I head across the pont de lena to the Eiffel Tower and make my way to the ticket office.  I'm too lazy to take the steps up so I take the elevator.  I reach the top and make my way out to the viewing deck.  I snap a pic and post it to Twitter.  "Le Tour de Eiffel magnifique"

I spend an hour or so at the tower enjoying the view and watching a firework display that someone has organised as a romantic gesture to their loved one.  It's quite beautiful and I can't help think that it would be nice to be sharing this moment with someone special.  Seb pops into my mind for a nano second and I brush those thoughts away as I don't want to dwell on the past.  I am focused on the future - and I know it's looking like a bright one for me.