Eleven

Harry's POV - Dinner with Becs Tonight :)

It's early,  like really early and I hear my phone buzz to let me know I've received a text.  I take my hand out from under the Duvet and fumble in the dark to find it.  I hit the home button and enter my pass code to find its from Becca.   

"Morning, just leaving Paris now, I hope this doesn't wake you.  Just wanted to say I am thoroughly looking forward to tonight x

I can't help but smile as I too am excited about our Dinner date.  I type her a message back.

"Safe travels love, can't wait to hear about your show in more detail x"

I"m just keeping it light and not going into a big long spiel.  I am looking forward to hearing about the show.  She has shared a few snippets with me so I will be interested to hear what else went on.  I have done some research and found some of her designs on line and they are amazing.  I'd love her to design a suit for me as her eye for colour, and detail is something else.  I can see why she has been promoted as she is incredibly talented.    

I'm slightly more awake now but still sleepy. I get up grab a glass of water, have a wee and wash my hands.  I jump back into bed and sleep for another four hours.  It's 10.00am now and I head down to the pool to swim a few lengths.  After the swim I'm feeling energized so I ring Paul and ask if he can fit me in for a session. As luck would have it he has a cancellation and he can fit me in straight away. I jump in the Range and make my way to his Gym.  He greets me warmly as usual and then proceeds to kick my arse.  After a two hour session I'm absolutely shattered and I know I'll be sore in the morning.  

I've still got a few hours to kill and I have no idea what I'm going to do to pass the time.  I get home have a really long shower then head downstairs and tidy up a little.  I hate mess and my housekeeper always laughs at me when she comes to clean as there is never anything to do.  I clean the bench in the kitchen and go through the fridge so see if there is any thing that needs to be thrown away.  I see some cheese at the back that has seen better days and some Kale that is looking a little limp in the vegetable crisper.  I place them in the rubbish then take the bag out the back to where the bins are.  They haven't been emptied for a week or two as my security team forgot to put them out.  They are smelling less than pleasant and I dry retch at the smell.  I've always been a bit of a light weight when it comes to that sort of thing.  

I head inside and decide that I'm going to go up to the terrace and read for a little bit.  I take my laptop, journal and one of my favourite books Rumi.  It's a great day outside and I make the most of the sun.  Spring in London is so changeable but its a good day today.  I scribble down a few things in my journal. Everything is inspiring me today and before  I know where I am I've written three songs.  I'm thinking about Becca and my words seem to reflect that a little.  I check my emails as I haven't in a while and I see there's over 100.  I wade through them deleting the ones that aren't relevant and flagging that ones that I will get back to.  I answer a few as I feel rude if I don't.  There's a couple from my PA asking to attend a few events and I feel as if I need to accept.  Truth be told I love being away from all that, but its not want my Management team think.  I've had several heated conversations with Jeff about certain things.  He is my friend first and foremost but sometimes I think he crosses a line.  Once upon a time I would have let it bother me and I would have let him walk over me but not now.  I got tired of being treated like a child.  

I spend another hour or so outside just scribbling a few things down. I read Rumi for a little while then start to feel a little hungry so head inside and make myself something to eat.  I throw a Salmon Salad together with Lemon Vinigarette and grab a bottle of water.  It hits the spot nicely and I take it and eat it outside.  My phone rings and its Mum checking in to say hi.  We chat pretty much every day.  Yip I am a Mummy's boy and I am proud of it.  The bond I have with Mum is one in a million and she's my rock.  She knows when I need to be left alone, she knows when I need her and she knows when to be silent and let me spew everything that's bothering me.  I've told her about Becca and she has called to tell me to have a lovely time.  We talk for about an hour about the animals, Robin and her charity work.  Mum is such a tireless campaigner for a lot of different causes and she loves getting involved to help anyone in need.  She's the most selfless person I know.  She again wishes me a wonderful night and we hang up.  I glance down at my watch and check to see that its 5.30pm.  I collect my journal, laptop and book from the terrace and place them back in my studio.  I rinse my plate from lunch put it in the dishwasher.  I head into the lounge and switch the telly on to catch the news.  It's so bloody depressing so I turn it off again and head upstairs to have a soak in the bath as my muscles are already sore from this morning's session with Mr Jarvis. 

It's 6.10pm so I empty the bath, give it a quick clean and get dressed.  I'm not sure what to wear so I go for my standard.  Black Skinnies, Shirt, Blazer and Brown Chelseas.  It's totally predictable but I feel most comfy in this and hey its what everyone expects.  I shut the doors to the terrace and put the lights on in the hall so I when I get home I'll be able to see what I'm doing.  I'm such a clumsy bugger,  I know if I don't I'd most likely end up on my arse. (yeah yeah I know you've all seen the You Tube clips -" physically I'm fine - emotionally I'm bruised")  

It's 6.40pm now so  switch the alarm on and lock the door.  The Audi is still out from earlier on in the day so I decide to take it.   I flick the heater on to warm up and ease slowly out of the garage, through the gates and off to Becca's place.  It's a short drive and I arrive in about 5 minutes.  I park a little way from her flat as the spaces outside hers are already taken by a bright Yellow Mini Cooper which I am assuming is Beccas and a 5 Series BMW.  I set the alarm in the Audi and walk purposefully up to Becca's door.   ring the bell and can hear her coming towards it.  She opens the door and I am blown away with how beautiful she looks.  She's even more stunning than what I remember.  Something seems off though and she looks a little flustered, distracted.  I lean in to kiss her on the cheek and hand her the bunch of Sunflowers I brought her earlier as I remembered in one of our conversations that they were her favourite.  "Thank you Harry, these are beautiful".  I see her smile then, and that's good as her demeanour has thrown me off a little.  We stay on her door step for a moment.  "Um are you going to invite me in"?  I ask with a little laugh.  "Oh god Harry, I'm sorry" she replies back "of course".  I hear the scuttle of little feet and a bark and look down to see her beloved Buster.  "Hey boy" I reply and rub him under the chin "Your Mum has told me a lot about you".  He looks at me with the biggest cutest eyes I have ever seen.  "Well you pass the test Harry" she says "you've got a friend for life there if you keep doing that to his chin".  Buster is wagging his tail excitedly and I know I'm ok.

"Babe, where are your cups, can't see them anywhere"?  I'm taken aback to her another guys voice and Becca looks at me then with sad eyes and whispers to me I"m so sorry, he just turned up and I haven't had time to tell him I had plans". "Who is he"?  I whisper back, instantly regretting the way I have said that.  "Oh god I'm sorry" I say "that sounded really rude".  Becca laughs "not at all Harry, my ex Seb, just turned up here, randomly, I'm sorry".  I look at her with wide eyes as we stop just at the entrance of her lounge to see Seb looking back at us with disdain.  

Becca looks from me to Seb and then Seb to me.  "Harry this is my friend Sebastian Sawyer, Seb this is my very good friend Harry Styles".  She called him her friend and she called me her"very good friend".  I do an internal fist pump and can't help but smile.  I extend my hand to shake Seb's.  "Nice to meet you Sebastian" I say.  The favour is returned and I can see he's trying to one up me with a firm handshake.  "Nice to meet you to Harry, how do you know Becs"?  Wow he's right in with the questions which takes me back slightly.  "We meet a few weeks ago at a club and got to chatting" Becs answers.  I am grateful for her input as I am feeling slightly uncomfortable.  "Harry's actually taking me out to Dinner" she adds.  "Oh" Seb looks at me like he wants to kill me and to be honest I'd probably want to do the same.  "Well I had better be going then, let you too enjoy your night".  He picks up his coat and keys and heads for the door.  "Give me a call tomorrow Seb and we'll catch up properly yeah, have Coffee or something"?  "Yeah,yeah, that would be great" he replies "nice to meet you Harry",  "you too Seb I rely back, then he's opening the door and he's gone.  Becca sighs then and wraps herself round me in a huge hug and it's lovely.  I rub her back and tell her that it's ok and we should get going.  "I'd like that Harry".  We walk out her flat and she sets her alarm.  I open the door to the Audi for her and she slips effortlessly into the passenger seat.  I open my door and start the engine, heading towards Claridges and to what I hope is an amazing night.