Chapter 1

~BOOK 2! - This is NOT a "Ryden" story. Any and all "Ryden" comments WILL be deleted ~

It seemed like a blur. It was as if all time had stopped. Is it too late to take back everything I've said to him these past few years? Could it really be that my brother was dead? No. I didn't want to believe it. It couldn't just end like this. We save Brendon and he dies? That's not how the happy ending is supposed to play out.

After a few seconds of standing there in shock, I ran downstairs as fast as I could. I couldn't bare the fact to not have Ryan. It just wasn't possible. I knew there was a possibility that I could be the next in line to take a bullet, but I didn't care. All I wanted was to know if my brother was alive.

"Hannah wait!" Brendon called out to me, he was probably still in the room. Probably thinking that he needed to protect Genevieve and I from possibly getting shot. It was too late. I wasn't going to turn back.

When I reach the bottom, I nearly fall onto the floor from all the momentum, but I was able to keep my balance.

Sarah's bodyguard stood in the entrance to the kitchen, looking rather cut up. A gun gripped firmly into his hand, but a knife lodged into his side. He wore a smirk across his face before falling to his knees. To my left, Ryan was on the ground, his head against the side of the couch. There was blood spilling out of his stomach and onto the floor. He was taking short raspy breaths and every few seconds, he would whimper out in pain.

"Ryan?" I look at him in shock. I couldn't move, otherwise I'd be right by his side. My eyes get blurry from the rush of tears falling down my cheeks. It hurt me to see him like this.

Brendon's voice echoed from behind me. It sounded so far away, yet I felt his presence right by my side. It all just sounded like nonsense.

I look to my side to see Genevieve grab my arm. She smiles lightly. Her mouth began to move, but I couldn't hear anything. It was as if my world became completely dark and quiet. Out of everything she was saying, I could only make out the word police while reading her lips. Right. The police are on their way. They'll help Ryan.

Ryan. I look back over to his shaking body and rush over to him. My hearing was slowly resurfacing, though I wish it wasn't, considering the noises that he was making.

"Ryan?" I could only say his name. It was the only thing that felt right to say. Its gonna be alright. Trust me. You'll be okay.

His eyes shift up to mine as his shaking hand grabs mine tightly. I look down as he does this, then up to his face. He had sadness and pain in his eyes. It seemed as though he was slipping away from me. It only took a few second before I started to cry. "Don't leave me, Ryan." It felt as though my throat was closing up on me.

It took him a few moments to try and reply. He kept trying to open his mouth  as he tried to get his words out. "Not planning on it." He says forcing out a smile.

I wrap my arms around him, burying my face into his shoulder, but being careful of his injuries. I couldn't let him go. Correction, I wouldn't let him go.

After a few more moments, the sound of sirens and voices echo around me. I stayed exactly the way I was. I didnt want to leave my brother. But then I felt two arms quickly wrap around my waist and pry me off of him.

This made me panic. What if something happened to him when I wasnt right by his side. I needed to be next to him.

As much as I tried to get away from Brendon's grip, he had a tight hold. No matter how much I kicked, hit, or screamed, he just wouldn't let me go.

Paramedics crowding around Ryan, trying to get him on a stretcher. As he began yelling out in pain, I started to cry even more. But Brendon still wouldnt let me go. When the started carrying him out, Ryan turned his head towards me. He looked so defeated and tired. And from what I could tell, he forced a smile. 

Police ran upstairs as Brendon was speaking to someone who looked like a detective. Everything was happening so fast and the house was in shambles. It was complete and total chaos.

Sarah's bodyguard was put into handcuffs and brough outside by two officers. Other officers were searching the rest of the house, for anymore evidence I assume.

The world around me became quiet. I could no longer hear the sirens or the shouting. Only my pounding heartbeat. My breathing became shaky as I started to struggle for air.

It seemed as though Brendon noticed this and stopped talking to the officer to look at me. "Hey," his words filled the terrifying silence as he held me tight. "Hannah, everything will be okay. Just listen to me. Listen to my voice. We're  going to sit down okay?" He gently went under my legs and lifted me up into his arms. Next thing I knew, I was sitting in his lap on the floor with my head against his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair while he continued to talk to me. My hearing slowly came back and my breathing steadied.

"What if he dies?" It was something I couldn't bare to think about, but I needed to know that someone was thinking about it as well. That I wasn't  going to go crazy about this. Ryan can survive anything. He has to. Right?

"He's not going to." Brendon reassures me and kisses the top of my head. His lips linger there for a moment before he spoke again. "Hannah, I know you have a very negative mindset, but this time, you have to think positive. Both for yourself and him. The more you do so, the better Ryan will be."

The police finally came back down the stairs with Sarah in handcuffs. She slowly turned her head towards me and smirked, chuckling to herself.

"See you later sis." Sarah smiled as her attention was fixated on Genevieve as she was dragged out of the house. Eve just rolled her eyes in response.

The last officer in the house stopped in front of us with a look of sympathy. "Once our forensic unit finishes up getting all the evidence they need, I'll  have someone come by and help clean up."

"Thank you." Brendon replied to him as he walked out of the house.

"I need to see him." I tried to get up and away from Brendon's grasp. But he wouldn't let me go.

"We still need to calm down is what we need to do. They won't let you see him right away anyways. I'm not sure when they'll allow visiting." Brendon refuses to let me go. Maybe he's right. They'll take care of him. He'll be alright. I'm praying that he'll be alright.