Chapter 9 {Brendons POV}

"I-I need a moment." Hannah then quickly got up looking around at everyone.

"Uh...A-Alright." I looked over at Dallon, who just gave me a shrug. I was a little disappointed.

I thought she would leap into my arms screaming 'Yes!'. But I guess I had high expectations, that weren't met.

She took one more look at me before bolting up the stairs, leaving me. All was silent, except for the occational whisper of someone asking if I was okay. I slowing sat down onto the floor and leaned up against the leg of the kitchen table. The tiny box was still in my hand.

"Brendon... I.. I'm sorry, man." Dallon crouched down beside me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"No need to be sorry." I shake off his hand. "I knew it wouldn't end well." I bury my face in my hands. Tears escape my eyes and I feel everyone crowding around me.

"Whoa! Whoa! Guys! Give him some space here!" Dallon yells over at everyone. "Kat, can you go talk to her?" I hear him ask.

"Already on it." She replies.

"Bren." He turns his attention back to me. "She looked more in shock than anything. And I know this isn't really helping so I'm just gonna shut up now."

"No. Dallon your fine." I lift up my head and give a slight smile. "I knew it was a risk. But it just wasn't meant to be." I was dying inside. Hannah was the only person that I was truly happy around. And I just fucked it up. Now she'll never want to talk to me. It'll get too awkward. I can already tell.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jaimee slowly walks over with Genevieve behind her. Both wearing saddened and confused looks upon their faces.

"No." I say shaking my head. "Not sure at all." They look at each other and it seems like neither one of them knew what to say. I don't blame them either.

Just as everyone had started talking, they all stopped as Kat came downstairs. I perked my head up, hoping that Hannah would be behind her. I waited. But no Hannah.

"What did she say?" Pete asks.

"She wouldn't tell me anything." My heart slowly sank. "Other than saying that she would fuck everything up. And she doesn't want to do that to you Brendon." I nod my head, running a hand through my hair.

"So... What now?" Spencer asks a little confused.

"Just continue on with the party." I look over at him. "I don't want you guys mourning over the situation. It's supposed to be a happy day." I put on a fake smile and look back down at the little cerulean blue box clutched in my hand. I'll just put it somewhere safe. Somewhere...where no one but me will know where it is. Maybe in the closet? No that'll be too obvious. My sock drawer? No. Another obvious place. I don't know. I'll just keep it in my pocket for now.

I then hear everyone quiet down. I look up to see what everyone shut up for. And to my surprise, Hannah was walking into the kitchen. I quickly stand up, placing the box in my pocket.

She smiled at me before crashing her lips to mine. And I don't hesitate to kiss her right back. There were a few 'Aw's' in the little crowd of people, that both of us giggled at. After she pulled away, she wrapped her arms around me and brought her lips to my ear.

"Yes."