Chapter 6

The silence is uncomfortable. And for once in my life, Im hating it. I'm regretting saying everything. Why did I even open my mouth? Now Brendon is going out of his way to find Eve. And Eve, leaving in anger. All because of me. It's my fault.

Then a knock at the door had startled me. "It's... Open." I say still staring at the same coffee stain on the cream colored rug. I hear the opening of the door as this person walks in.

"What's going on?" I recognize the voice almost instantly. His voice has always been recognizable actually. It's always had that quiet but concerned tone to it.

"I don't want to talk about it, Spencer." I said, my vision getting foggy.

"Why not? And where's Brendon? And Eve?" I feel a lump form in my throat as he said Eve's name.

"Brendon went out to find her. I fucked up Spence." I shift my eyes from the floor, to Spencer standing over me. His face dropped instantly and turned into a saddened expression. He slowly lowered himself onto the couch, like he was afraid it would fall apart even with the slightest touch.

"What exactly did you do?" He questions me. I didn't want to answer him because I didn't want to cry. I've had enough of crying. But I ended up telling him anyways.

"Something snapped and I went crazy on Eve. I had blamed her for what happened to Ryan. And long story short, both her and Brendon are pissed off with me." I take a deep breath as I try not to break down into sobs. "I-I didn't mean it." I look back down to the ground, expecting Spencer to turn his back on me too. But he stayed where he was. As a matter of fact, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to his chest.

"They just need some time to...calm down a bit." I could sense that he was trying to be reassuring, even though it wasn't his...area, I guess you could say.

"They hate me." I bury my face into his chest and he hugs me tighter.

"They don't hate you. They're just upset, is all. It wasn't your fault."

"But it is. Spencer, you weren't there!" I lift my head up to look at him. His dark hair lazily combed back atop his head. "You didn't see the hurt in Genevieve's eyes."

"Maybe I didn't. But that doesn't mean hate overcame them. Like I said before, you just need to give them some time." I breath a sigh if defeat as I lay my head back down onto his chest and I listened to the beat of his heart. Then before I knew it, my eye lids began to droop. And I ended up falling asleep, my head still atop Spencer's chest.

~~~

"Hannah. Wake up." I slowly but groggily open my eyes to see Brendon kneeling down beside me. Spencer standing to his right. Genevieve to his left. And let me tell you, she didnt look too happy.

"I-I'm s-sorry." I manage to say.

"No. I'm sorry." Genevieve looks to me. "I didn't mean to burst out like that. It was uncalled for. I know you were upset." She still looked angry, like she was forced to say it.

There was an awkward silence before Brendon spoke up. "So! Why don't we go and get something to eat?"

"I'm not hungry." Both Eve and I said together.

"Well suit yourself." Brendon stuck his tongue out at us and made his way over to the kitchen.

Spencer walked over with him, leaving Genevieve and I in uncomfortable silence. Once again, I hated it.

"I really didn't me-" I started to say, but she cut me off."

"I know. You were upset." She smiles at me. And I can't help but smile back.

"Movie night!" Brendon yells from the kitchen. "Pick one!" I roll my eyes and grab Genevieves hand and pull her to Brendons movie cabinet. To he honest, I've never looked at them. Brendon had always picked out the movie.

"What kind of movie do you want to watch?" I turn to her as she's scanning the cases with her finger.

"This one." Her finger stops before pulling out the movie. "I love this movie, except the part where he kills his dog." Her eyes look to the movie then to me.

"I'm good with this one." I turn my head to face the kitchen. "Hey! You guys okay with 'I Am Legend'?"

"You are not a legend. I am." Brendon snaps sassily. But he cant stay serious and bursts out laughing. "I good with that one."

"Same here." Spencer says. I shrug my shoulders and out the movie in. We sit back down on the couch and were shortly after joined by Brendon and Spencer. They were carrying loads of bags of Doritos, and other chips. Along with a few cookies and Brendon had a half opened bag of pretzels hanging by his teeth. Eve and I stare in awe.

"How the hell are you skinny?" I ask as they sit down. He shrugs his shoulders and bites into a pretzel. Eve goes to grab a Dorito, but spencer slaps her hand away and shakes his finger at her.

"You didn't want anything." Eve makes a pouty face but quickly manages to get around Spencer and plops a Dorito into her mouth.

"Damnit." He mumbles to himself.

"Shut up and watch the movie!" Brendon shushes them before chowing down on more food. Eveyone quiets down and we turn our attention to the TV. Brendon then puts his arm around me and I can't but help to put my head on his chest.

~~~

"And they lived!" Brendon throws his hands in the air.

"But Dr. Neville died to save them." Eve pointed out.

"Not in the alternate ending." He sticks his tongue out at her and she just rolled her eyes.

"Spence, can I talk to you for a sec?" Brendon stands up and makes his way over to the stairs.

"Yeah sure." Spencer gets up and follows him. Then it's just Genevieve and I once again.