Chapter 13

I stand there in disbelief. How could he do such a thing? Has this happened every time I left somewhere?

"Explain what, exactly?" A tear rolls down my cheek. "The look on your face says it all." I grab my keys once more before turning to walk back outside.

"Let me explain." He grabs my shoulder, but I shove it off. I look away from him, not wanting him to see how much this was hurting me. I mean, wouldn't you be mad if you found out your fiancée could have been sleeping with someone else?

"Now I know exactly how Sarah felt." I continue looking at the ground and walk over to my car. He didn't say anything after that. Whether it hurt him if I said it or not, I wasn't going to stay there. Not until I calm down at least.

I get into the car and I could feel Brendon's eye upon me. But I didn't look up. It felt like it would hurt me even more. I decide to go to the one person I could trust. Ryan. He was always there for me. Even when I didn't want him too. Or when he didn't want to. He was there for me when I scraped my knee in the park when I was six. He was there when I was sent to the hospital when I had the cuts on my wrists. He was even there for me when we went to go and search for Brendon. A small part of me wishes I left him with her, but I could never be that cruel. I wouldn't have wishes that on my worst enemy. If I had one, that is.

Before I knew it, I was at Ryan's house bawling my eyes out. He must have seen me coming because he engulfed me in a hug at the door.

"What happened?" He asked, still holding me.

"I-It's B-Brendon." I stutter.

"What did he do to you?" Ryan pulled away and looked me in the face. Both sympathy and hatred glinted in his eyes.

"I think he might have slept with another woman."

~~~

After I was finally done explaining the situation, Ryan pulled me into another hug. We stayed like that for awhile. Until his phone rang that is.

"One moment." He said smiling and going over to the counter to grab his phone. "Hello?" I could see anger start to build up. "Yeah she's here and she told me everything. I knew I shouldn't have trusted you." He says bitterly. But the anger slowly died down as listened to whatever Brendon was saying. "Alright, I got it. We'll be over in a little bit. " He hung up and walked over to me.

"No. I'm not going back." I say. "At least not yet."

"He has some more explaining to do, and he wants you to hear it from him." Ryan says. "Lets go." He grabs his keys.

"I don't want to go." I say back.

Hannah, we're going." He grabs my wrist and pulls me outside to the car. I tried to struggle to get away from him. Why would I want to go back to him? After what he did. But for his skinny figure, Ryan sure as hell put up a fight. And he won. I crossed my arms as I sat in the passengers seat and we sat in silence the whole way back.

"Hannah, I'm so sorry." Brendon pulled me into a hug when we arrived. "Come and sit, please." He grabbed my arm and led me to the couch. The woman I saw earlier was sitting on the other side of the room. She sat looking at the ground, trying not to make eye contact with me. Ryan soon came in after and sat next to me. Then Brendon knelt down in front of me and held my hands in his.

"Hannah, you never gave me a chance to explain myself before you left." He sniffed. He took a deep breath before he spoke again. "I wasn't feeling well this afternoon, and I was just about to take a nap, when Kara knocked on the door." The name sounded so familiar, but yet, I couldn't put my finger on it, "She said that I needed my rest after I told her I was feeling sick. So, I did, and she stayed down here."

"And you walked in on me getting a glass of water, and Brendon waking up." Kara chimes in.

Brendon sighs again. "What I'm trying to say is, I know you two haven't officially met yet until today, but I know what your thinking. So to answer your question, no I did not sleep with her. Nothing like that happened. Because Kara is my sister."