Chapter 22

"Hannah, you need to get some sleep." Brendon begged me. I haven't slept in a few days. That nightmare really scared me. And I didn't want to take the chance of it happening again. It seemed so real. Too real. What if it actually happens?

"I...I can't." I look away from his gaze. I couldn't fall into the trap of his saddened eyes. Not this time.

"Hannah, you need your sleep. It's not healthy to go without sleep this long." You may be right, Brendon. But it feels like I'm inside of one of the Nightmare On Elm Street movies. Except for the sheer fact that Freddy isn't gonna kill me.

"I don't care." I say, "I don't want to see that nightmare again. I can't see you like that again." I shudder at the thought of it.

"It won't happen again." He places his hands on my shoulders, forcing me to look at him. "I won't let it happen." I sigh, declaring defeat. There's no winning with him at this matter. I nod my head in agreement. I guess I could at least try, right? "Good." He kisses me before turning to grab his pajamas. Which just consisted of comfy pants and a t-shirt. I get changed into a tank top and shorts and climb into bed.

Brendon soon climbed in next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and started to drift off to sleep. But for some reason, I couldn't. I don't know if it was the fear that caused it, or I just couldn't fall asleep. Which I don't understand, I haven't slept in days. I'm tired as hell.

I should be watching the backs of my eyelids this very moment.

few minutes passed and I wasn't getting anywhere. Okay Hannah. Just close your eyes. You'll eventually fall asleep. I think to myself. I eventually close my eyes, hoping that I would have a peaceful sleep, if there was even any sleep involved.

~~~

Opening my eyes, I could see the sunlight shining through the window. I shielded my eyes so it wouldn't blind me and longer. I look over to the other side of the bed and see that Brendon was still asleep next to me. I smile at the sight. Carefully, I kiss him on the forehead and step out of bed.

As I get downstairs, I smell coffee. Why's that? I make my way over to the kitchen and see a note by the coffee machine. It read:

Morning beautiful!

I'm so glad you were able to fall asleep last night. I decided to get up a little early to make you your breakfast. I was too lazy to actually make breakfast, so I'm hoping that coffee will do.

But I'm tired still. I might actually go back to sleep. I think that's what I'll do...

~Brendon

P.S~ Yup. I'm going back to bed. Enjoy your coffee!

I giggle at his note and pour myself a cup. I make my way into the living room and plop myself down onto the couch. I turn the TV on, but to what? I don't know. I wasn't really paying attention to the television. I was paying more attention to my phone. I know, techno-zombie right?

I got a few texts from Kat. She wants to hang out and go shopping before Brendon and I leave for our honeymoon tomorrow. Crap. Our honeymoon starts tomorrow. I forgot about that.

I reply back to her with a 'Yeah, sure. How about 4?'

She texted back almost right away. 'Sounds good. See you then. :)'

So I was meeting Kat later. I haven't seen her since the wedding. I think it'll be nice to spend some time with her before I'm gone for a week. Brendon still never told me where we were going. Or what we were even doing. I wonder what he has planned. I hope it's not anything too outrageous. But knowing Brendon, it could be anything.

"Moring, babe." I jump at the sound of Brendon's voice. He laughed and walked over to me, and wrapping his arms around my waist as he sat down on the couch. "So no nightmares?" He asked.

"Nope." I say, looking up at him.

"See I told you." He pulled away and smiled. "But you didn't believe me."

"Well, I should have." I smile back.

"Did you get my note?" Brendon asks smiling goofily. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yes of course." I lean over and kiss him gently. I pull away and place my coffee cup on the table. Once I sit back down, I look over at him, biting my lip. "You know I love you right?" I say. The question caught him a little off guard.

"Yes. Well, at least I hope you do." Brendon chuckles to himself.

"Good." I smile to myself. Then, I kiss him once more as I slowly climbed on top of him. It took Brendon a second to realize what I was doing before he placed him hands on my hips. I sure do hope that the blinds are closed. He slowly slides his hands up my sides, taking my tank top with it. He sat up so I was able to do the same with his shirt. He was in the process of removing my shorts when there was a knock at the door. I pull away and look at him.

"Maybe if we just stay quiet, they'll go away." Brendon whispers. But they kept knocking. Brendon was starting to get inpatient.

"Bren! Hannah! It's Kat! Open up!" Ugh. She's supposed to be here in a few hours.

"Put your tank top back on just in case." Brendon says, getting out from underneath me. I sigh and put it back on. "Okay, now pretend you're sleeping." He walks over to the door and I quickly get situated on the couch.

"Hey Brendon!" I could hear Kat say as the door was opened. "Where's Hannah? I was supposed to meet her in a few hours, but I couldn't wait."

"She's sleeping right now." Brendon replies.

"But she was up and texting me not too long ago." I heard Kats voice grow sadder.

"Well, the thing is, is that she hasn't slept for the past few days. So, I kind of wanted her to get her rest. I'm sure she'll be up whenever you decided to get together."

Kat sighed. "Alright, fine. See you later Brendon!" And then I heard the door close. Brendon came back into view and sat on the couch.

"She's gone." He smiles. "Now where were we?"

***I want to thank @SpunTheStars for giving me a few suggestions on this story. I'll definitly keep then in mind :)

What's gonna happen? xD***