Chapter 5

***So Wattpad somehow managed to delete about half of the chapter. And lucky for me, I have to write it all over again.

And... it happened a second time, which I found super frustrating. I just hope it turns out okay. I know for a fact that its not as good as I intended it to be. So... I'm sorry.

I also wanted to say that I was going to be adding back some of the older characters like Kat, Jaimee, and Spencer. {no one can forget about Spencer! He is a very important part of P!ATD, and I'm sorry I haven't had him in the story too much. But I'm going to try and change that} . ***

I lean back against Brendons door and wait for him to start singing again. Or for any sign that he's alright. But after a few minutes and I start to worry.

I turn to face the wooden door and hesitate before I knocked. "Brendon?"

"Go away, Hannah." His voice is muffled and sounds like he had started crying. "I-I don't want to talk right now."

"Brendon. I'm not going to just leave." I jiggle the door handle trying to indicate that I wanted to come in. "You've done so much for me, and now I'd like to return the favor." It was silent for a second before Brendon opened the door. I look up at his tear stained cheeks and sad chocolate brown eyes. He stepped aside and I walked in looking down at the ground.

I try to break the silence as he sits on the bed. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. I'm fine." He gives me a weak smile before he buries his face in his hands.

"Obviously not. Please Brendon?"

"I-It's just... It's just that I wrote that song for Sarah. When we first met. She just seemed so... different than what she turned out to be. I don't know what I'm going to do. And to think, I was in the mindset of spending the rest of my life with her." Brendon looked back up at me. "I'm so stupid."

"Brendon, your not stupid." I go over and sit on the bed next to him. "Mistakes happen. It's understandable." He smiles at me. And a real smile this time. I then lean over and give him a hug.

We stayed like that in each others arms for quite a while before Brendon pulled away, due to his phone ringing. He excuses himself and answers the phone. I decide to go downstairs and leave him be. As I reach the bottom of the steps, Genevieve's eyes snap in my direction.

"What happened?!" She bounded over to me.

~~~

I explain to her about what Brendon had said just as he came walking down the stairs. "Spencer's coming over." He says before he walks into the kitchen to get coffee I'm assuming.

"You say that like its a bad thing." Genevieve turns to him.

"No. I just... wasn't expecting company today, is all." Brendon kept his eye focused on whatever he was doing.

"Sure." Eve turns back towards the TV, slumping down into the cushion. I give her a warning look as she does so. She caught my gaze and automatically mouthed a, 'sorry'. I just roll my eyes and turn my attention to the TV also. And it took a minute to recognize the morning cartoons were on. I used to love watching these when I was little. I had always loved 'Tom and Jerry' and 'The Flintstones'. But they have changed and added so much, I didn't even know what this one was. It was very...interesting, I'll tell you that much.

Then I felt a sudden vibration on the upper part of my left leg. To tell you the truth, it kind of startled me. But I realized that it was my phone shortly after. I take my phone out my pocket and as soon as I press the power button, I get notifications like crazy. I smile when 'Kitty Kat' turns up on the screen. It seems like I got about three different texts from her within ten minutes. She's probably mad  at me or somthing for not talking to her.

"Hello? Are we like not friends anymore? Talk to me so I know your still alive.'  Well at least she's not mad like she usually is. I then scroll down and see her second text. She was asking if I was ignoring her. Which obviously I wasn't... right? But the last one stood out to me. For two reasons.

'Omg! Hanny Bear, is Ryan okay? I'm sorry for bugging you when all this is going on...' One: She hasn't called me Hanny Bear since about the ninth grade. And two: How the hell did she find out about Ryan being in the hospital? I don't believe I told anyone about it. And I'm sure that neither Brendon nor Genevieve had told anybody. Who else would have told them?

I also had gotten a text from Jaimee. 'Hey! I haven't talked to you in awhile. How's Ryan? I heard about it on the news that he's in the hospital. I hope he's okay. :)' How did it get on the news?! What the hell?

I reply to both of them to say hi and that Ryan was doing okay before I turned to face Genevieve. "Eve. Can you had me the remote?"

"But its mah show!" She makes a failed attempt at a southern accent. I roll me eyes at her and hold out my hand. She grabs my hand and starts shaking it in a handshake. "Hi. I'm Genevieve, and you are?" 

"Smartass."

"Nice to meet ya Smartass." She smiles handing me the remote. I just roll my eyes and quickly flip[ the news on. "Ugh! The news?! Its so boring."

I hold up my finger to shush her as the reporter talks about some 'Breaking News' about a scene at the hospital today. "This woman," He then showed a picture of me struggling to get out of Brendon's arms in the lobby. ", was seen at the hospital today thrashing against the force of this man. Some eyewitnesses say that she should be put away in a mental institution for her 'crazy' behavior." 'Fuck you' I mumble under my breath. "But we now know that she was trying to get back to her brother, Mr. Ryan Ross, who had gone unconscious unexpectedly during her visit. Was she the cause of this? IF so, what was planning on doing to her broth-" I shut off the TV and clutch the remote tightly in my hand. My eyes started to fog up.

"Hannah...?" I hear Eve whisper over to me. And before I could stop myself, I threw the remote across the room and screamed.

"LIES! FUCKING LIES!" Before I knew it, Brendon had his arms around me and was rocking back and forth. "..H-How could they lie l-like t-that..?" I say in between sobs

"Misinterpretation. We know what really happened. And that's all that matters." His comforting words were only making it worse.

"Hannah I'm so-" I cut her off.

"You!" I snap my head in Genevieve's direction, anger filling my entire body. "You were the only one in the room with him! What did you do?! I knew something like this would happen! Sarah told you to do this didn't she?!" I struggle to get closer to her. Fear filled her eyes as a single tear rolled down her cheek.  

"I cant believe you even think that. How dare you bring that ...person into the conversation! I had nothing to do with this and you know it!" She yelled back.

"Or did you? It could have been planned out ahead of time. Revenge on me for 'taking Brendon'." I mock Sarah's voice.

Pure hurt and rage spread across her face. She gets up and storms over to the door. "you know Hannah, your just like the rest of them."

"Eve. Where are you going?" Brendon finally speaks up.

"Anywhere that doesn't involve her.' She then slams the door behind her leaving us in silence. Oh I wanted to... to... hurt her? No. This is not me.

Brendon releases his grip on me and stands up. "Nice going Hannah." I could hear irritation in his voice. "I'm going to get Eve back. You stay here and think. Think about how much you could have hurt her."

"I didn't mean it." I whimper as I hear the jingling of keys.

"Sure you didn't. Just like you didn't mean to bring up Sarah in the conversation. You know how much she hates Sarah."

"Brendon." I turn to him tears in my eyes.

"No. I cant stand to look at you right now." He then leaves the house without another word.

...What have I done?