Chapter 2

It's been about two months since Ryan's accident. I would end up calling the hospital that he was staying at, about four or five times a day. All they would tell me was that Ryan was in critical condition and that he wasn't ready for any outside contact. Every time. Even though I would call several times a day, the same receptionist answered every time. She was understanding and would be patient with me once she realized who it was on the other line.

Brendon sold his house and bought another one after the incident that took place. He told me that he was already looking to buy another one anyway. He says that the memories of that day and even memories of Sarah beforehand were all too much for him to handle. I think starting fresh is good for him. For all of us.

The move took our minds off of everything for a little while. I was able to help Brendon arrange everything in his house and unpack. It was tiring work, but it was something to do. Brendon was my only support throughout all of this, and I appreciated him with all of my heart. We've gotten closer. A lot closer. Just like when we were younger, but more. I guess you could say that we were dating now. There was no question, it just sort of...happened.

Not everything has been all bad. The hospital did tell me that Ryan was improving a lot the past few days. So I'm hoping that I could go and see him soon. And Brendon and I were happy. We were content. At least when I wasnt thinking about Ryan.

~~~

"Hannah." I feel Brendon shaking me as I was fully encased in my blanket and pillow fort on his bed. I flip onto my other side groaning. Maybe they'll get the message that I don't want to be bothered. "Come on. It's one in the afternoon."

"And your eyes are not the size of the moon." I couldn't resist the urge. It was too perfect.

Brendon just laughed at me and plopped himself onto the bed next to me, knocking over some of my pillows.

"You've gotta get up." He says and he shakes me some more. It took me much longer than I'd like to admit to build this godamn fort and he's ruining it.

"I don't want to." I groan again. "I just want to live my life under these covers." Mostly because they smelt of Brendon and it reminded me of his comfort and warmth.

"Alright," his weight was lifted from the bed. "I guess that I'll have to drink your morning coffee and withhold some crucial information from you."

I sit up immediately. Crucial information? About Ryan perhaps? Is he okay?

"You wouldn't." I narrow my eyes towards him, and all he did in response was laugh. He walked over to me and kissed my cheek before walking out of the bedroom without another word.

Knowing Brendon he will keep that information to himself until I exit the room. So I had no choice but to get up from my now torn apart pillow and blanket fort.

I sit up in the bed and place my feet on the soft carpet underneath me. I wonder if Brendon would mind if I wore some of his clothes. Maybe just a tee shirt or something would do. A total cliché, I know. But all of the clothes that I had brought over were all dirty and in a pile in the corner of his room. I've been too mentally exhausted to do laundry. Though I could probably get away with wearing some leggings again.

Walking over to his closet, I realized that all he really had in there was all of his nicer clothes. The dress pants and suspenders hung with his patterned button ups. He also had a few suits hanging up as well. But there was one thing that had caught my eye. In the corner of the closet on the floor, there was a fairly big box.

Upon opening it, I discovered that he had all of his theatrical costumes folded all nice and neat, with his hats laying on top of it. Jackpot.

~~~