Chapter 19

It's been a few months since Shawn and I started dating. And it's honestly been amazing. We've been going on a lot of dates and making out a lot but Shawn is yet to officially ask me to be his girlfriend and I'm nervous as hell that he doesn't want me like that. But the girls reassure me that he likes me a lot and is just waiting for the perfect moment. The black wolf with the silver orbs just like Shawn's has been visiting me at night a lot more frequently and I love it. I decided to name the wolf Ryder because that's the only name that the wolf didn't growl at when I mentioned it.

Currently, I'm at Shawn, Axel, and Jess's house. Jess, Kaitlyn, Elizabeth, and I are in Jess's room discussing how Shawn hasn't made it official again...

"I mean what if he hasn't asked because he doesn't like me?" I tell the girls with a tear streaming down my face.

"Lauren we told you a million times. Shawn likes you a lot. He is just too much of a pussy to make it official." Jess tells me and huffs out in annoyance.

"But why is he so scared to make it official?" I whisper out.

"BECAUSE HE THINKS YOU WILL SAY NO!" Kaitlyn yells and we all look at her wide eyed. "Sorry for yelling. But Lauren if you want to make it official, then go make it official. We do not live in a sexist society. Go get your man." Jess and Elizabeth nod at this.

"Your right. I am going to get my man!" The girls cheer me on as I exit Jess's room full of confidence. Shawn told us that he and Axel would be outside in the garden, so that's where I went.

As I approached Axel and Shawn, I saw Shawn pick his head up and smile at me. I smiled back at him. Shawn met me halfway and kissed me on the lips which I heard Axel growl at but Shawn just glared back.

Weird

"Do you want something Princess?" Shawn asks and I blush at that all too familiar nickname he gave me.

"I was actually wondering if I could talk to you in private?" I ask him and he nods. Axel walks away leaving us in private. Right when I'm about to speak, Shawn cuts me off. Rude

"Actually can I go first?" He pleads and I just nod at him. He begins to scratch the back of his neck, something he does when he's nervous.

"You alright Shawn?" I ask and he shakes his head. I'm about to confront him when...

"I'm a werewolf!" He blurts out and I just start laughing.

"Sh-shawn w-we al-already h-had th-this con-conversation." I say in between laughs and he looks grim.

"I'm being serious Lauren." I look at him. He never says my real name.

"What are you talking about Shawn?" I ask slightly scared.

"Well I a-" Shawn was cut off by a loud growl. We turn where the growl came from and it was in the forest. All of a sudden a bunch of wolves with red beady eyes approach out of the forest. Shawn growls back and puts me behind his back and shake uncontrollably.

I feel my heart beating faster and my chest constricting. All of a sudden Shawn turns into a large black wolf with silver orbs.

Ryder...

Oh my god.

Shawn wasn't lying, he really is a werewolf...

He was the wolf that visited me every night.

And with that the world turned black...

------ 

Shawn's POV: