Chapter 5

• Dedicated to My friends

Chapter 5

Shawn POV:

Her family walked in with bags under their eyes and tear stained cheeks I hear a gasp next to me and see it's my beautiful mate. I was right. She has these beautiuful brown eyes that have a hint of gold in it and her voice was like an angels. When the doctor said that if she doesn't get a miracle then she her condition would worsen and that she would die. That made me upset and full of what ifs

What if she dies before she can love me?

What if she dies before she can know what I am?

What if she dies before me and I'm just left with half of my soul missing?

All these what ifs made me even more depressed, I put those what ifs aside and watch as my mates family runs up to my mate hugging her so tight I was afraid she couldn't breathe I wanted to growl but I held it back I already saw how scared my mate got the first time, I didn't want to see her like that again. The doctor told us she can go home tomorrow. I didn't know how to react to this. Does this mean I will never see her again. Its still summer there's 2 weeks until school comes but I know we don't go to the same school because well I don't even go to school anymore.

"Alpha Alpha there are rogues spotted on the territory, we need you help" Axel (Shawn's beta) mindlinked me. I got up fast telling him I'll be there soon. I didn't bother saying goodbye to my mate and her family because she seemed too busy with her family and I didn't wanna ruin the moment. I am just a stranger again. With that I left the hospital and into the woods to fight some dirty ass rogues.

Lauren's POV:

I heard my hospital door close and looked up to see the only missing person was Shawn. I don't know why but I felt really upset by this. I guess I will never see that extremely hot stranger again. I was glad I got to go home tomorrow I get to be in my own bed and I can see my friends. I continued talking to my family until they had to leave. Leaving me all alone in my hospital room, I sighed and fell into a deep sleep.

*2 Days Later*

I got home from the hospital yesterday only to see that I had a million messages from my best friends asking me where I was. I smiled. They actually cared about me too. Maybe I was wrong about no one caring and not getting any attention from my family and friends. My view changed because of the extremly hot stranger named Shawn Kings. Well anyway my friends, Kaitlyn and Elizabeth, and I are walking to the movies to see 22 Jump Street. Their gonna buy my ticket because I'm still 17 while their 18. Our school is messed up, since the school was being rebuilt they decided to make us go to school the next year. Were all supposed to be in college but nooo the school just has to be a stupid ass. Anyway my friend Kaitlyn she's as pale as a vampire. Well she could be a vampire, I don't know. She has Blonde hair with green eyes. She's also like super thin. Stupid fast metabolism. She is the popular one of the group, she has all the confidence and speaks to anyone she wants too. Sometimes Sam, Elizabeth and I think why she's friends with us. Eizabeth is the shortest of us. She has dark brown hair with brown hair. She's also the bookworm. She reads the most out of all of us. I have the most in common with Elizabeth then any of my other friends, we are pratically twins. But I'm obviously the more attractive one. JK. Anyway Sam my other friend she's a genius she skipped a grade and now is in college and has an appartment in the city.

Anyway Elizabeth, Kaitlyn, and I are going to the movies singing along to #SELFIE by The Chainsmokers. We hate the song we just sing it terribly on the streets making fun of the song. But then my clumsyness causes me to trip over my own foot and has me faceplanting the sidewalk. But before I hit, I feel two arms grabs me leaving tingles in my arms. He or what I assume is a he picks me up and when I look up, I see the same silver eyes I saw at the hospital.

"Shawn?" He looks shocked at first at either 1. I remember his name or 2. That I'm here. He probably thought he would never see me again. Well, I actually thought the same thing too.

"Lauren?" He finally responds after a while. We keep starring at eachother until we hear someone clear their throat. We jumped and looked at our friends which were starring at us with confusion. Kaitlyn is the one to finally speak up.

"Lauren? How do you know this guy?"

"He's a... friend of mine. I met him at the hospital" I told her feeling uneasy I didn't really know if he was a friend

"Ohh. So he's the really hot stranger that was in your bedroom" She says loud and clear I just put my hands on my face feeling humilated. I hear Shawn laugh

"Oh so you've been talking about me" He says and I look up and him and see him wiggiling his eyebrows. I put my hands back on my face. "Well its okay" I look at him "I already know that extremly hot" I just put my hands on my face while saying out loud

"OH MY GOD" He and everyone else just laugh while I feel completly humiliated he puts his arm around my shoulders making more tingles wherever his arm is.

"Well anyway, Axel and Jess this is my ma- friend Lauren" He says I guess talking to his friends. I look up at them. The guy with him has to be Axel. He had black hair with blue eyes. He was also muscular and tall but Shawn was like way taller. Shawn is pratically a giant. The girl under Axels arm, I guess their dating was gorgeous. I mean like drop dead gorgeous. She had dark brown straight hair with amazing green eyes. She was like a model. She was also really peppy because once Shawn introduced me to them she squealed so loud, I think i might be deaf. She dropped out of Axel's arms and ran to me hugging me almost knocking me over she was pretty strong for a short girl maybe around 5'2. The same height as Elizabeth.

"Oh. My. God!! Your so beautiful" She tells me after pulling away from the hug looking at me "Shawn, you told me she was pretty, but shes more then pretty she's beautiful!!" She says looking at Shawn and I look at him too seeing his cheeks turn a light pink. I laugh a little at that. I mean come on, the big bad boy, well that's what he looked like to me was blushing!!

"Aww so little Shawny boy was talking about me" I was shocked I had this kind of confidence to talk to him I suck talking to strangers I never know what to say. I saw that Elizabeth and Kaitlyn shocked too and I saw Axel and Jess just smirking. I heard Shawn mutter a 'shut up' which made us all laugh.

"Well Lauren are you gonna introduce us to your beautiful friends here" Shawn says with a smirk and I look back at my friends and see their blushing a little. I don't know why I feel this, but I can't help but feel jealous. I swear I'm just too weird.

"Well" I say pointing to Kaitlyn "This is Kaitlyn" and then pointing to Elizabeth and said "This is Elizabeth" I finished introducing them and then say "Kaitlyn and Elizabeth this is Shawn the jerk" I finished smirking at him. I saw him get a little angry.

"So, what are you guys doing?" Jess pipes in changing the topic

"Were going to the movies" I tell her

"I LOVE MOVIES! What movie are you guys gonna see?"

"22 Jump Street" Kaitlyn, Elizabeth, and I say in unison"

"OH MY GOD I'VE BEEN DYING TO SEE THAT MOVIE CAN I JOIN YOU?!" She pratically screams at us

"Sure" I said and then turn to Axel and Shawn and ask "Do you guys wanna come to?" And they looked at each other like having a silent conversation and turned back towards us and say

"Alright"