A monster at heart

Chapter 9- A monster at heart

"A friend is like a balloon, once it lets go, it'll never come back, so attach it to your heart."

Maths was extra boring.

I know that I need to learn, but come on. I don't understand a thing Mr. Hayes is trying to say- his voice is so gruff!

I internally groaned, my whole life had become torture.

As the warning bell went- signalling for lunch- I quickly rushed out. James was hot on my tail, and so I stopped.

A cheeky smirk surfaced on his smooth face,

"What's got you over the moon?" I asked suspiciously.

"Is it bad for a guy to smile?" He asks, as we begin to walk to the canteen.

"Yeah, if he doesn't put on lip gloss." I smirked,

Bingo!

James frowned, then wiped his lips and analysed his fingers. His eyebrows shot up sky high in realisation.

I actually found that funny to watch,

"Remind me to put some on after." He remembered, as I simply nodded.

It felt weird, because so many eyes were focused on us. My brows began to crease, were there so many death glared and gagging sounds?

As we entered, the hall became silent. Like deadly silent.

I glanced over to James, who gave a shrug in response. I shrugged to myself, never mind.

The canteen then began to fill with talking and amused laughter.

I picked up some chips, grapes, a handful of Jolly Ranchers and a chocolate milkshake. Whereas, James got lasagne, a banana, sugars free lollipop and orange juice.

With trays in our hands, we both sat on the nearest empty table. The rest were filled up with the Popular, geeks, emos, hipsters, shy and the dumb type.

It was Cliché really.

I sat down and began to dig in.

Then I realised.

Shit!

I was supposed to eat with Reece. Never mind, he and the others won't mind.

I nearly jumped up to Mars, by the loud bang that silenced the canteen. I lifted a hand and placed by my heart.

"James what was th-?"

I looked around and realised that James face was dunked into his Lasagne!

Angry wasn't even a word that I truly felt; my fists clenched, my eyes squinted and my face became a cool shade of pink.

How dare they mess with my friend.

Aron and Ashton were in fits of laughter, along with the rest of the school and Kaden and Reece were hiding in their shadows.

I got up from my seat and walked up to Aron in particular. I grabbed him by his t-shirt, before he could escape, his face written with surprise,

"What is wrong with you?" I growled,  "apologise. "

Meditate Kaylee, meditate.

Ashton's was face scrunched up and Aron's was surprised. 

"Why would I say 'Sorry' to a faggot?" Ashton spat out.