Stolen Secret

Chapter 10- You've got something of mine

"Finders keepers, losers' weepers."

My hair stuck to my arms. I was beyond uneasy. I didn't feel like being here in the first place, so that must explain it.

Standing here, mustering up the courage to knock on the delicate painted blue door... I must have looked like a loner.

The eerie silence of the dim corridors freaked me out; something wasn't right and I couldn't put my mind to it.

Feebly, I groaned softly.

You can't stand it here all day!

That's correct, I can't.

I raised my fist, and knocked to a point where my knuckles were hurting. They were swollen red, just like the colour of my anxious face.

The door creaked open, as if sort of magical spell had been cast on it to open itself.

I stepped in, to find myself filled with warmth.

I looked around, cautiously. It was humid; the walls were painted a lenient, pearly blue. On the right were multiple leather armchairs, which were positioned alongside a marble fire-place. On the left, was an American style, granite renovated kitchen, with a red stool and a black counter.

It felt so cosy, but where was Aron?

My eyebrows wrinkled in confusion, my had smile worn. I could see everything from my perspective, everything but behind.

Oh Go-

"Boo." A spine-chilling voice whispered into my ear, as cold hands wrapped around my waist.

I screamed from the top of my lungs, as my arms flew around in the air.

I turned around gradually, to see a simpering Aron, who stood mere inches away from the main door.

My eyes squinted, as I hit his chest. Of course, it lingered on his exposed skin for a few seconds, and then came off.

I couldn't but help stare at his imprinted chest, from the corner of my eyes. It looked to smooth, and delicious...

Delicious? Are you crazy?!

He cleared his throat, and grabbed my hand. I almost got lost in those amazing blue whirlpools, that lasted forever.

We sat down on the comfortable armchairs, as he sat down opposite me.

I fidgeted and squirmed under his ever-lasting gaze,

"Okay! What is it?" I bawled, irritated.

I could feel the hot blaze of fire comfort my cheeks, as the reddened even more.

He let a throaty laugh, my perfect chance to see his face, again. Short, black hair, now curled to a side, with a grey beanie.

His amazing eyes; dark green, with an iris of obscure grey. His mediocre length, curvy black eyelashes, that suit his shady eyes.

His perfect nose, with a small stub at the bottom. His soft, baby pink lips that suit his light complexion. His cheek bone high, and his jaw line perfect.

Oh, and that lip ring- it just gives it that bad boy look.

I was interrupted, by the waving motion of hands,

"I know my face is beautiful, buy you're here to look at something else, not me, okay?" He asked, trying to smother a grin, from his burnished white teeth.

"Whatever." I mumbled, humiliating myself even more,

Oh great. Nice one, Kaylee.

Aron got up slowly, whilst I raped him, with the corner of my eyes.

And I can't deny it- this guy is from Paradise. He is everything a girl wants, a perfect Model, Boyfriend, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather...

Okay, shut up, stop rambling on.

The tinkling of glasses awoke me from my daydream, to reality,

"Thinking about me?" He asked, as he sat down. I could practically hear the smudginess in voice.

I watched as he opened an old bottle of champagne,

"No- rather thinking of how I can push you off a cliff." I blurted out, as my cheeks puffed slightly,

"Ooh, that hurts." He feigned hurt, as he placed his hands to his heart.

I scoffed, not giving up yet.

"Care for some wine?" He asked, as he poured himself a drink.

"Oh, sure." I smiled, as he poured some more into a wine glass.

Bad boy getting posh, that's a new one!

I then took it out his grasp, and drank it solemnly.

It was quiet, but not an awkward quiet- a quiet that is calm and keeps you relaxed.

"Okay, I need to ask you something." He murmured, as his fingers went into his pockets. His eyes moving around, as he tried to find something.

"Ah. Got it." He took out a doubled picture, and unfolded it.

I slouched forwards, and looked at the picture, that rest in his tantalizing hands.

It was a picture of a young girl. She had light orange hair, that looked naturally curvy. She had continuous freckles, and a wide smile. She was sitting in an open field, with heaps of grass and roses, that nearly surrounded her.

This girl was playing with a rag doll, that had one missing leg. Her gaze was focused on an orange and white butterfly, that sat on a wooden log.

She looked so free and like she was having the best day of her life. She looked so strong, as if nothing bothered her.

I looked up at Aron, wide eyes,

"Do you know this girl?" He asked, as his eyes twinkled,

I knew this girl, she happened to know me for very, very long time.

What would Aron do, if I said 'Yes'?- would he ask all about her? How I know her? Oh God, what if he asks where she lives, would he stalk her?

I felt goose bumps arrive, as I shacked my head.

"Are you sure?" He asked, in disappointment. His eyes darkened, and his smile was replaced by a clenched jaw.

I nodded, not daring to speak.

"You can leave." He spat out, as he began to push me out,

"Ok." I said, as my voice wavered.

I literally ran out the room, as the door slammed shut.

People who stood and were walking by me gave me odd looks, and sympathetic faces, that were totally questionable.

I scurried across the narrow corridor, as fast as I could run. Pushing past the swarming crowds. I let my legs control me, until it stopped outside my room.

I opened my door slowly, finally.

I let my heart beat slow down and strolled to my bedroom.

I sat on the edge of my bed, contemplating.

If that was the first day, how would I last the rest of the days? It was oblivious that me and Aron aren't compatible- so how could we get along?

But one thing that really scared me- the picture.

A stranger who was part of my childhood, a sweet girl. Who then, changed into silly party animal and rebellious child.

How could Aron possibly get that picture? It was from such a long time ago, maybe he stole it? Only God knows.

Oh that Stupid, stupid girl.

Who happens to be me.