Chapter 1: New Queen

Arthur's POV

"Hey! Arthur, wait!"

I turned when I heard Antonio calling my name. Antonio ran to me and smiled.

"Sorry for interrupting your 'mission'." I put my basket down and sneered.

"How many times I have to tell you that this is not a mission. I just have to go buy some groceries."

"And you can see the city, while I have stay here in these slumms. That's so unfair!" Antonio complained. I huffed.

"All right, you can come with me. But if you get into trouble, I won't save you." I said. Antonio just smiled happily. I picked up my little basket and we continued walking.

After awhile, when we had arrived in city's area, Antonio asked, clearly excited:

"Have you heard the news?"

"What news?" I asked, little confused. Had something happened?

"The old King died couple days ago. His son, the crown prince, is coming to the capital. Rumours say he's quite handsome. Maybe we could see him."

Old King is dead? He had been a good ruler, by what I had heard.

"Has the Jack been found?"

"Yes. They found him day ago." I nodded. We arrived to the shop and I went to find the things what I had to buy. Antonio remained, looking slightly amazed by the shop's size. His mother didn't like that his boys went to the city, so she had forbidded that he and his brother couldn't go outside of the slumms. Only I could go, and his brother was really jealous of that.

I came back later, carrying my now full basket.

"Let's go." I mumbled. Antonio only nodded. We walked out of the shop, chattering about gossips.

Suddenly, we heard cheering and yelling. We looked each other. Antonio shrugged and I rolled my eyes. We walked to the crowd. I tried to see why people were so excited. Antonio asked what was going on and a certain old man answered:

"The crown prince has arrived." Joy was easy to see on man's face. Antonio gasped, excited as well. He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the frontside of the crowd.

"Wait, Antoni-!" Suddenly Antonio's grip loosened and I stumbled on the road. I fell down to the ground.

"Ouch..." I hissed and heard that someone was walking to my direction.

"Hey, boy, stand up. You're blocking the road." Soldier kicked me. I stood up slowly and opened my mouth to say something sarcastic, but then a man appeared behind the soldier.

"Apologize now, soldier. You can't treat him like that; he just fell." The crown prince said. Soldier nodded and apologized. I just stared the crown prince. I couldn't believe that the future King of Spades stood in front of me. And he was the most handsome man I've ever seen.

"I'm sorry for my soldier; what's your name?" I realized that the crown prince had asked something. I quickly bowed.

"My name is Arthur Kirkland, Your Majesty." The prince chuckled and shaked hands with me. When I touched prince's hand, he flinched.

"What did you do to his Majesty, peasant?!" Soldier yelled and his hand fumbled his sword.

"He did nothing wrong, Louis." The prince said slowly. He began to smile and grabbed my hand, rising it to the air.

"We have found our new Queen!"

A/N: Cliffhanger?
Well, this was quite hard to write, but I don't know why ;-;