Chapter 23: Kisses, roses and tea

Arthur's POV

I nuzzled closer to the warm body next to me, trying not to wake up. That someone chuckled and I opened my eyes. He had a muscular, slightly tanned body.

"You woke up." My eyes widened as I realized who was in my bed. I rose and backed off, until I fell on the floor with a thud. I let out a curse.

"W-what are you doing here?" I demanded, stuttering a bit.

"Well... It stormed at night and I wondered are you scared so I came here to check. And I, the hero, couldn't leave you all alone here..." He trailed off. I bet he himself was scared of storms.

"So you slept with me because you are scared of storms?" The thought of Alfred sleeping next to me... Felt natural.

"What? No!" He exclaimed, helping me to stand up and for my luck, I wore pyjamas. I raised an eyebrow to his answer, but he finally complied.

"Don't look." I said sharply. Alfred covered his eyes, when I walked to my wardrobe and picked clothes for today. I undressed and dressed again.

"Mm... I could come here again." I turned abruptly and threw him with the first thing I touched.

It was a clock. Alfred dodged it and laughed.

I couldn't stop the smile which creeped on my lips.

-------------

Theresa stared at Alfred with blank expression. Yao glanced her sometimes.

"Theresa, is something wrong?" I asked, after I had eaten my breakfast. She blinked, before smiling. I couldn't help but notice, that her smile was slightly sad, like she knew something we didn't.

"No, Arthur, everything is all right." She said and stood up.

"Good. I was worried are you all right when you just stared at me." Alfred mumbled, his mouth full of bacon.

"Alfred, don't speak when there's food in your mouth." Theresa scolded, smiling still, but now her smile was happy. Alfred gulped.

"But I just said what I was thinking." He protested.

"Well, you would've just waited." I said. The King looked at me, acting shocked.

"Oh shit, you too, Arthur?" He gasped, but his eyes were twinkling.

"Language, my son." Theresa chuckled. Alfred only pouted.

Rest of the breakfast passed by quickly. When clock was nine, Theresa left. Soon after that Alfred left with Yao, saying he needed his help.

"See you in the garden." Alfred had said, winking. I had blushed and cursed his behavior.

Later, I found myself in the library. I walked between the big bookshelfs, brushing books' backs. There were new books, but I liked to read older ones. The oldest books looked like they were from another time.

Suddenly, one book caught my eye and I took it out of the shelf. Book was red, and on the cover was a golden lightning. On the lightning, there was a golden owl and some birds were flying on the background. The owl had a letter, which was also golden, on its beak. The book's name was golden, like author's.

"Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone by J. K. Rowling." I read out loud, brushing the dust off. Book seemed interesting, so I wandered to the nearest chair. I sat on it and opened the book.

When I had read about hundred pages, I heard the doors opening. I raised my head to look and a moment later I saw Eliza.

"Oh, your Highness, I finally found you!" She exclaimed, slightly panting. I closed the book.