Chapter 2: The Castle

Alfred's POV

"We have found our new Queen!" I announced smiling. Arthur's eyes widened and he looked like he was going to faint. The crowd began cheering. The soldier, Louis, who had kicked Arthur, looked ashamed.

"C-can I go and find my friend, Your Majesty?" Arthur stuttered.

"Of course. Just come back, dude." I answered. Arthur nodded and went to find his friend.

"Father, how do I know who is my Queen?"
"You know... No, feel it when you meet him or her."

Arthur came back five minutes later. The crowd had almost vanished, though there were a couple of merchants here and there. I walked to the carriage and opened the door.

"Go in, Arthur." Arthur did what I had said. I followed him and sat down on a very soft seat. I was relaxed, but Arthur was as tense as a rabbit, who had smelled a fox. I took a closer look on him. His gray and brown clothes were dirty and worn out. Arthur's eyes were forest green, but his eyebrows... They were like caterpillars. The carriage began moving.

"You haven't told me your name, Your Majesty. And how did you know I was the future Queen of Spades? Me, a poor citizen, who lived in the slumms." He said.

"You haven't heard my name?" I was surprised. How come he didn't know my name? "Well, my name is Alfred F. Jones and I'm the hero!"

"You didn't answer my another question, Your Majes-"

"Call me Alfred. Your Majesty sounds too formal." Arthur nodded and looked outside.

"And... I just felt it. You being the Queen... It felt right." I told him after a moment. He nodded again and closed his eyes.

"When we arrive at the castle, we're gonna find you proper clothes."

"It's 'going to', not 'gonna'." Arthur said sharply, opening his eyes.

"Pfft, whatever." I said, smirking. Arthur just rolled his eyes. I laughed.

When we arrived at the castle, I basically dragged Arthur out of the carriage. He gasped, impressed by the castle's size. There were two clock towers and three other towers. The castle itself was blue and black and it had many windows. In the middle of big, green and lively courtyard, was a beautiful, white fountain. Thick walls went round the castle. Stalls were castle's westside and there was a gate, which led to the training area. Afternoon's sun illuminated the courtyard, making it look dreamlike.

"You like it?" I asked.

"O-of course. Why wouldn't I?" He said.

"I dunno."

"It's 'don't know', not 'dunno', you git!" I laughed again. Arthur just huffed and crossed his arms.

"Let's go and find you some proper clothes." I began to walk to the castle's wooden double doors. Arthur followed me and some servants bowed to me. We walked inside.

"I'm gonna show you your chambers." Arthur nodded. Inside, the castle was even more beautiful than from the outside. A big staircase led to the upper floors. The left corridor led to the dining room, the kitchen and servants' rooms. The right corridor led to the ballroom. It was one of the biggest ballrooms in the castle. After awhile, we arrived at the Queen's chambers.

"Here we are." I stated. "My chambers are on the upper floor, so I won't be far from you." Arthur flushed and opened the door.

"You idiot..." I heard him mumble.

"Oh, wait." I said quietly. Arthur turned his gaze to me. "Tomorrow, we are going to meet our Jack and my mother, the Queen. Your personal maid is waiting there, so don't be frightened."

"All right... Alfred." He smiled carefully and I smiled back. His smile was beautiful, although I would never admit it to somebody. Or so I thought.

"Good night. See ya tomorrow." I said abruptly.

"Good night." Arthur said and entered to his chamber.

I remained there, before I smiled happily. After that, I went to my chambers. Maybe tomorrow would be a good day.

A/N: I'm sorry if Alfred and Arthur seemed too OC. ^^' Please critisize this story ♠
Thanks for reading!