Chapter 4: Discussions

Alfred's POV

"Your reign will destroy or save Spades. One of you dies, when sun sets. War will come and secrets will be revealed." My mother said, her expression serious. A heavy silence fell between us.

"Are you serious?" I asked, breaking the silence. "You divined destruction to our reign. What happens if senate hears about this?"

"Nothing will happen." Yao said. I glanced him. "If we don't tell them." He continued.

"But-"

"He's right, Alfred." My mother said. "Your father didn't tell any private things to the senate."

I sighed.

"All right."

And again, silence fell between us. I glanced Arthur, who had been unusually quiet. Well, he is a new one in the court, so... After a few minutes, Theresa rose up from her chair.

"Why don't you show Arthur the castle and the yard, Alfred?" She said, smiling a little. Yao huffed at this.

"Why me?" I objected.

"Because you should know your Queen." Yao answered.

"Maybe they're right." Arthur finally said. "Let's go." He began walking to the doors, but I could tell that dress was really uncomfortable. I had to hold back my laughter.

"Aren't you coming?" Arthur watched me, his expression annoyed.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I followed him and we walked out of the dining room. When the doors closed, I began to laugh.

"What?" Arthur accosted.

"I bet that your personal maid is Eliza, am I right? No other would make a male wear a dress!" I stated.

"She said that a Queen have to always wear a dress." He said, staring at the floor.

"Ah, that maid is obsessed with dresses and the fact, that Queen must've a little hat on their head." I said and smirked.

"You git! What if she heard you?" Arthur scolded.

"Why she would be here? Her place is upstairs."

Arthur mumbled something.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"Nothing. Now, would you show me this castle?" He answered and I nodded.

We began walking to the front door and our chattering echoed in the corridors.

At that moment, we were just teens. We didn't care about our kingdom's politics. We wanted to have some fun before the coronation. Before we had to face our duty.

Neither me or Arthur didn't notice that someone was watching us from the shadows.

This is a short chapter. I mean, really short. And I had a little writer's block😒