The Party

Authors Note// Constance party dress above

Constance POV
I lay awake in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about the way the night unfolded. Maybe he likes me, I think to myself, feeling like a twelve year old. Rat jumps onto my bed, spreading slobber all over my pillow.
"Hey buddy," I say stroking his chocolate fur until I fall into a deep sleep.

My phone buzzes to life with a text. Rolling over I grab my phone from the table flicking it on, it's a text from Ollie. There's a party tonight at Axels, you down? O xx. I quickly text back, HELL YEAH, C xx Then I let myself fall back asleep.

Maddox POV

Axel is gonna go crazy when he sees me with my date. Hans is just perfect, I can't believe he had been sitting behind me in chemistry this whole time! I quickly drop him a text, Party tonight, you're coming ;). To which he quickly confirms. Hans is pretty hot too, bleach blonde hair, strong jaw, got the whole European thing going for him. The thing is we actually get along well as well. Now for finding the perfect outfit, I think to myself.

Axel POV

I love Jared. I laugh to myself. I've only known him a week, he's the one. I'm having a party tonight, my parents are thankfully visiting my grandmother, so I have the house to myself. I rifle through the pile of clothes in my dads bedroom, attempting to find the stash of scotch that he always keeps tucked away. Sliding my phone out my pocket, I call Jared.
"Hey," I say after he picks up.
"Hi babe, do you need any snacks or drinks picked up for the party?" He questions fondly.
"I'm all good, I just need you to get over here." I tell him in a mock stern voice. He laughs down the other end.
"I'll be right there," he says, hearing the smile in my voice.

Constance POV

Now for something to wear. I tear out half my drawers before I come to the dress I'm looking for. It's a deep red, fit and flare dress that I've had for ages but never had the chance to wear. I glance at the clock and curse at myself, I have ten minutes to get ready, since I overslept. Throwing on the dress, I slide my feet into a pair of satin heels. I apply a light layer of mascara, and a red lipstick. With a spritz of perfume I'm ready for the party. After bidding farewell to Aunt Mikkie, I step outside. I walk to the party as Axel only lives a couple of blocks away.

Even from the end of the street you can tell where the party is. People are spilling out of the house onto the lawn with red plastic cups in their hands. I push my way through the swarm of people until I'm inside. Couples making out, drunk boys leering at girls in short skirts and people making their way upstairs is the majority of what I see. Walking up to a girl who still looks semi sober, I ask,
"Do you know where Ollie, Ryder, Axel and Maddox are?" She gives me a brief look of disgust, before flicking her dyed blonde rat's tails over her shoulder.
"They are in the basement, you know, where the grown up people go" she says patronisingly. Ignoring her, I walk down the stairs to the basement. Maddox and some random blonde dude are sucking each other's faces off while Axel and Jared try to avert their gazes, Ryder is checking his phone with Cake Face hanging off his arm. Ollie is talking to a boy who I have never seen before, with dark hair and glasses. He looks up to meet my gaze. A smile instantly forms on his face, " Hey, there you are," he calls, causing everyone else to glance up.