Tell me the truth

Katy's P.O.V

We arrived at the beach after nearly thirty minutes of driving.

We parked the car in the nearest parking, it's a small one.

I grab ahold of Skyler's hand while my fingers were intwined with Orlando's hand as he was carrying some bags.

I smiled at how adorable we looked all together, as a happy family.

The beach was not that crowded which I kind of did not understand since it's a hot day and normally people go to the beach.

But then I remembered that we were in a private one which is good.

We walked in the hot sand for a while until we found a little place near the water where we can sit at.

I putted all my bags and stuff on the towel which was on the sand.

Then I held Skyler's hand and the three of us, Orlando, Skyler and I went to swim.

"Mommy the water is cold." Skyler lifted up get head and stared at me while shivering a little bit

"I know sweetheart, you can play with the sand if you want. Daddy and I are going on the water, okay?"

She nodded and ran to the place where we were sitting at.

Orlando grabbed ahold of my hand while leading me to the salty water.

Then I stopped for a second when I saw someone I was not expecting to see here nor at this time.

"Orlando, look over there it's J-John."

"What are you talking about?" He asked confused trying to follow my pinkie finger with what I pointed at John.

"John is there, why isn't he in jail?"

Orlando threw his arms up in the air meaning that he does not know either.

"That is so confusing..." suddenly he made eye contact with me and I pushed Orlando to the other side so we can go and not talk to him

He approached us step by step but I ignored him as much as I could.

"Hey Katy."

"Leave me alone John."

I did not even bother to face him when he tried to grab my hand. I was getting on my nerves and I don't really seem nice when I'm angry.

"Woah calm down princess."

I looked at him disgust as Orlando stayed beside me.

"Don't call me that way, why aren't you in jail?"

"By the way, we talked a bit about that in court so instead of fifteen years, I stayed in prison for five years, nice huh?"

Orlando wrapped his arm around my waist to protect me from him and from what he can do.

Then I saw Skyler running towards me.

"Mommy, now I want to swim." She giggled and John stared at her with his jaw open

"Is tha-"