I want to be with you, it's as simple and complicated as that

Katy's P.O.V

It's been already one month and half since Orlando went to Spain and since I found out that I wasn't truly pregnant which was really heartbreaking but I managed to get over it and move on.

Since Orlando left, I was going back to my everyday chaotic life. Just going to the studio, talking about some new songs, a new album, a new worldwide tour and also working out.

School is just around the corner and Skyler seems to be really excited to go for the first time to primary school. Unfortunately, I don't get time to spend some time with her lately, I'm really busy but she's a mostly happy girl so she doesn't mind that a lot but I know deep inside of her that she kind of needs me more.

Now she would either have Shannon to look after her or go to Angela and play with Stella.

"Mommy?" Skyler asked with her soft baby voice

"Yes sweetheart?"

I looked up at her while taking a sip of my coffee and checking some emails on my laptop.

"Aren't you going to spend the day with me today?"

"It depends, why?"

"I never mostly get the time to properly spend a day with you. I miss you taking me out and hanging out with me."

"Baby, I know it's hard for you and it's also hard for me but I have work and I will see with Tamra, if there's nothing on my agenda, then we can both go out to wherever you want."

"Okay..."

I put my cup of coffee back on the table and I tried to message Tamra with my phone of course.

K: Hey Tam!

T: Hi Katy! How have you been?

K: I've been alright, well you've seeing me yesterday in the studio.

T: I know, I'm just asking...

K: Do I have something really important to do today?

T: Let me check your schedule.

K: Okay.

T: Nope you have nothing to do. Why?

K: It's just Skyler, she wants me to spend the day with her.

T: Oh okay, then enjoy your day girls.

K: Thanks! See ya.

"Skyler!" I called her and she came back from the kitchen, God only knows what she was doing there. "I'm free today! So do you want to go out?"

"Yes! Thank you mommy for taking the time to spend the day with me, I love you!" She ran to me and wrapped her arms around me making me let some tears roll down because she just warmed my heart by saying 'I love you', it means so much to me as a mother.

"I always seem to make you cry." She giggled

"Sweetheart I would do anything for you. You're before everything, even my job." We stayed in each other's arms for a few seconds until something came back on my mind. "By the way, what were you doing in the kitchen?"

"I was trying to get cereals."

"Baby, why didn't you call me to get them to you?"

"Umm, I just didn't want to disturb you, I know you work a lot and I didn't want to bother you."

"Oh come on Skyler, I told you nothing comes before you, nothing."

"But sometimes I just feel like you love your job more than you love me or even your own self."