Chapter 1

I stared down the clock in my English class. One minutes, sixty seconds until school was out and summer started. There was one thing I looked forward to over the summer; my piano. It sits in the front of my father and stepmother's music shop, undisterbed, untouched by anyone, but myself. My mother allowed me to stay over Papa and Baba's house the enitre summer, since it was my last summer at home before college.

I looked at the clock again. Ten seconds...nine...eight...seven...six...five...four...three...two...ONE!!! I stood and gathered my thigs as quickly as I could and ran to my truck. I admit that I am a little young to be graduating high school, but I skipped a grade because of my talents with music. I love the piano, the guitat, singing, but I also love painting and drawing and dancing. They're my passion.

I threw my things in the backseat and started up my baby. This old thing belonged to my Dad, my stepdad--not my papa. But she was in beautiful shape for an old truck. I arrived at the music shop ten minutes later and parked in the back. Papa and Baba were in the front of the store with my oldest brother, Shawn, My other siblings were with my step aunt and uncle, playing with their cousins. I walked into the store and hugged my six month pregnant stepmom first, then my father, and my brother last. Durring the year, I would spend my weekends at my father's house and my weeksdays at my mother's, but durring the summer, it was reversed.

"Eleanor," Papa said lovingly, pulling me back into his arms. I laughed and rested my head on his chest, letting him hug his baby girl. If you looked at a younger picture of my father, we look almost identical, except for the hair and freckles, those I got from my mom. But I know where I got my passion from, it's all from my dad.

"Business slow today?" I asked, pulling away from him. He nodded as I made my way over to my piano. Oh, how I missed my baby! I sat down and slid my hand down the keys in a swift motion before playing Bob Seger's Old Time Rock and Roll. The front door was open, so I was sure people on the street heard my music. We lived in a small town, but not booney's small, just... small. Most people  knew my parents and my music by heart, hell, people paid my two younger brothers and I to do gigs every friday night.

I continued to play music as people started filing into the store, asking for lessons or to buy an instument. Eventually, I slipped up as a boy around my age walked into the store. He was pretty hot, I'm not going to lie. He had dark hair, almost black, with piercing blue eyes. He was almost an Adonis. Papa stiffened as the boy passed me, his expression darkining as the boys eyes lingered on my body.

"Larken," He growled quietly. "Out back, now." Papa escorted the boy out back quickly and returned ten minutes later. I've never seen Papa so angry before, even when I cut Shawn's hair when he was little. Papa walked over to me and brushed a lock of hair behind my ear.

"I don't want you going near that boy, Ella. Understand me?" He whispered darkly. I nodded and placed my hands in my lap. I would do as my father said because, as Mother always says, he was once a hormonal teenage boy and I was the product of them. But I had to at least find out his name, it would kill me if I didn't.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovely's! This is my new story, The Girl in the Music Shop. Check out Unmarked and Cinderella and Charming, and Twisted Tales, the guide to Cinderella and Charming series. Vote, comment, share and there's a picture of Eleanor on the side.