Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to a friend of mine. I know she's somewhere on Watt-pad! Go Kenzie!

*

*

*

*

*

Ten days passed, and Emmett Larken didn't show up once. I guess I was grateful for it, but I was also worried. Where was he? Was he hurt? Did he move?

Ella! I snapped mentally. Stop obsessing!

I really needed to get Emmett out of my head. Which is why Alana insisted on a girls night. God I love Alana! She knows me so well.

I threw my duffle-bag in the back seat of my truck and drove two blocks to the Green residence. Alana and her twin brother, Peter, are the oldest children, then Kenzie, and the baby of the family, Alice. I loved Mary and Jake like family, and their kids too.

Alana met me at the front door with a bowl of popcorn and two cans of Dr. Pepper. I smiled and threw my my shoes next to the door and my bag near the staircase. I grabbed the can and popped it open and slurped it down.

"So, where's the family, Alana? I have very late birthday presents for you all in my bag." I said and she laughed.

"Peter will be back later with a friend, Mackenzie is on a date," Alana wriggled her eyebrows. "And Alice is out with mom and dad for getting straight A's for the year." Alana grabbed my hand and dragged me into the living room.

"What's on our movie agenda tonight?" I asked, plopping onto the couch. Alana sat next to me and pulled out a bag full of our movies.

"I've got the Avengers, Thor, All of the Ironman's, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles..." She rummaged through the bag. "And all the Spiderman's." I smiled and looked at my best friend.

"Thor." We said in unison. She giggled and put the disc in the player before returning to the couch. We stuffed our face with popcorn and soda and sweets.

"Al, you're gonna make me fat." I groaned, patting my flat belly. Alana scoffed and chucked popcorn at me.

"I'm making you fat?" She asked, poking my ribs. "You're a twig Eleanor! I'm practically Jabba the Hutt!" I laughed at that. Alana was not fat, she's chubby. But a healthy chubby. I hated when she called herself fat. I'd kill to have the body she has, but I was cursed with the skin and bone body my mother has.

"Al, you are beautiful and you know it. I would kill for your body." I said, stuffing my face again. "Plus, I know a guy who thinks you're a goddess." I added with a smirk. She shoved the bowl of popcorn into my lap and eyed me.

"Who? Does he go to school with me? How old is he? Is he hot?" She kept firing off questions. I laughed and shook my head, turning my attention back to the movie. I wouldn't tell her that it was Shawn just yet. I wanted to watch her squirm.

"Who's Peter's friend?" I asked.

"He's Pete's math tutor. Well, ex-Math tutor. They became great friends after that. I never thought that this guy was such a nerd." Alana said, completely 'forgetting' to say his name.

"Gimme his name." I said. She shook her head and sipped from her can.

"Not till you give me the guys name." She said. I shook my head and crammed popcorn down my throat.

"I promised him I wouldn't. He said that he wanted to do it himself." I said while trying to chew. "Now, where is your brother? I want to give him his present." Just as I said the words, I heard his Mini Cooper roll up the driveway and Pete entered the house moments later. I shot off of the couch and ran to my second favorite person in the house. Peter stumbled back into the wall as I tackled him in a bear hug.

"God, Ella! You scared the Shit out of me!" He chuckled, squeezing me tight. "Heard you got into Berklee." I smiled and nodded, stepping out of his arms.

"Yup, and you and Ala need to visit me. Gramps bought me an apartment and I'll have some extra room for you two." I said as I went over to my bag. I grabbed his present and walked back over to him. "Happy very late birthday!" He took the bag and opened it. He smiled and hook his head, holding up the book like a trophy.

"Really?" He asked. He was holding up A Guide to all things Star Wars, Star Treck and Doctor Who. I remember he wrote it in seventh grade when he went through his dork phase. I stole it from his room and asked a friend of mine from school to make it look like a published book.

"Do you like it?" I asked, chewing on my bottom lip.

"I love it, Ells. Thank you." He said softly, placing it back in the bag. "What did you get Alana?"

"You idiot, I've been wearing it for the last five months!" She yelled from her spot of the couch. Peter looked at me with fear in his eyes. The only person besides his mother who could scare him was his twin.

"Alex and Anni braclet, left wrist." I whispered, patting his cheek. He sighed and sank against the wall. I chuckled and started walking back to the living room when I heard him speak.

"Eleanor?" He questioned, his voice deep and rich. I stiffened and shot Alana a look before turning around to face Emmett Larken. "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" I snapped. I didn't normally get angry, but this guy practically disappeared and is now acting like we're great friends.

"Oh Jesus," Peter mumbled, moving to hold me back. "Ells, calm down. He's my friend. He's staying the night too." My blood boiled under my skin. But at the same time, my heart was slamming against my chest from just being in the same room as him.

What the hell is wring with me?

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

New chapter, how exciting?

Can I just say, I hate snow. It snowed again today for the umpteenth time this week and I am annoyed as hell by it. Anywho, I have work tomorrow from 9:30 to 3:30. I'll try updating something, but I can't promise.

Love,

DoctorWho