Chapter 19

She Is Love- Parachute

*

*

*

*

*

One Year Later

I glanced down at the ring on my finger one more time as I entered the precinct. Emmett forgot his lunch at home. I walked over to his desk and waited for him to finish the paperwork he was doing. Emmett dropped the pen and tilted his head up to smile at me.

"Hey, sweetheart. What are you doing here?" Emmett asked, swiviling his chair towards me and placing his hands on my hips.

"You forgot your lunch at home." I said, waving the paperbag in his face. He grabbed the bag and threw it on his desk.

"Come here, Ella. I'm gonna miss you this weekend and it's high time I take my break." Emmett said, pulling me into his lap. I giggled and pressed my lips to his.

"Emmett, It's only going to be one day and we're getting married on Sunday." I said, running my fingers through his hair. "Did you call the priest and set up on the baptism?" I asked. My Babushka said the only way she and Ded would christen the marriage is if we got married in the church. It's not that Emmett isn't part of the Church, he's a Roman Catholic, but he's not part of the Russian Orthodox Church. Which is where the wedding has to be. My grandparents were married in one, Mom and Dad were married in one, we'll be married in one, and Wyatt and Isacc will be married in one. So Emmett has to be baptised in my church.

"Yep. I'm getting it done on Saturday before the bachelor party." He said, thumbing my ring. "I promise that there will be no strippers at the party."

"I promise that there will be no strippers at my party, either." I murmured, kissing him again. "We should have a romantic dinner tonight, just us two."

"Hmm, I agree." He said against my lips. "Tell Im to stay at Marks tonight?"

"Can't. She's driving me home tomorrow while you take the truck to mom and dads." I said softly. Emmett groaned and placed his head on my shoulder with a thud.

"Sweetheart, you're killing me here." He said, placing a soft kiss on my neck. "Then we'll go to Tony's for dinner and then a movie." I smiled.

"Okay, baby." I said in his ear. "Let's go in the break room. You've been working late a lot and I miss you." Emmett grinned against my skin and moved me so we could get up. Just as we were going to make a run for it, Eddie came around the corner.

"Ella! Long time no see! Still got the rock?" He asked as he engulfed me into a bearhug. I laughed and hugged him back.

"He hasn't asked for it and I'm not going to give it back." I said, moving back towards Emmett. "You're going to make sure he gets to my parent's house on time tomorrow, right?"

"Yup, I'll be at the apartment by nine in the morning." Eddie said, giving Emmett a wink. I shook my head and kissed Emmett's cheek lightly.

"I should get going. I still have to pack for tomorrow." I said, saying goodbye to the boys. I went home and packed the last of the things in my drawers. My wedding dress was at home in a white bag, and probably had barbed wire around it. My mothers would not let anyone touch it except for them. That wedding dress was special to them, especially my mom. I'm her only daughter and this was one dress that she wanted to be perfect.I actually let Mom, Baba and Amelia plan the whole wedding, with the bride and groom's consent on most things. The venue of the ceremony and the reception were without a doubt done by my mother and Baba. The wedding was at the church I was baptized and confirmed in and the reception was in Papa and Baba's backyard. The brides maids dresses were a light orange in all different lengths and styles. I did not want to be bridezilla. I was not the type of person to harp on every litte detail. The only thing that will matter is that there is a priest and Emmett and I will stand before him.