Bonus Chapter

The pain was unbearable. I don't understand how Baba and Mom went through this. The contractions keep getting closer and closer together and Emmett isn't home. I gripped the counter as I waded out the never ending pain. I sighed in relief when it ended, but when I glanced at the clock, my relief was quickly ended. Ten minutes between contractions. Ennett wouldn't be home for another half hour. I needed to distract myself with something. I would not go to the hospital without Emmett, but I refused to interrupt his day. He had a big case, much more important that me giving birth, right?

I waddled over to the couch and turned on the television. The Red Band Society was my latest obsession, but it wasn't enough to distract me. Another ten minutes went by, and like clock work, the pain came again. Emmett called, though, and I picked up because I needed him.

"Hey, sweetie, I was thinking that we should have dinner with Ed and the Mrs. What do you think?" Emmett asked. I groaned into the reciever and curled around my stomach a little bit.

"Emmett, we can't." I groaned. "The baby is coming."

"What!" He yelled into the reciever. "How long have you been having contractions?"

"A week, on and off." I replied quickly. "Baby, they're ten minutes apart." I cried. The contraction quickly subsided.

"Honey, can you get the Zimmermans to drive you to the hospital?" Emmett asked. He sounded like he was getting the hell out of the office.

"Emmett, the Zimmermans are out of town and everyone else is working or at school. I'm all alone." I whimpered. "Please come home."

"Listen, Eddie and I are on our way. Ed's calling an ambulance to meet us at the house. Please don't start without me." He begged and hung up. No sooner than he hung up, and the next contraction started six minutes later, my husband burst through the front door.

"Ella!" Emmett exclaimed as he ran over to me. I was curled into myself as I tried my hardest not to push. "Ella, it's okay, sweetie, I promise."

"I. Want. To. Push. Emmett." I grit out. "Please."

"Ella, we should wait." Emmett said as he pulled down my pants. He cursed silently, pressing a kiss to my knee. "Next contraction, baby, I need you to push."

*

*

*

"He's perfect, Emmett." I whispered, kissing my son's downy head. He's just an hour old and yet he's so much like his father. He has our hair, but his piercing blue eyes are from his father's side.

"He's going to be a ladykiller." Emmett said, stroking his little dark tuft. "Do you still want to go with the name we picked?"

"Ethan Larken the second." I said, looking at my husband. "I want another one, Emmett." He laughed and kissed my nose.

"As soon as we can, babe, as soon as we can," He replied.