Chapter 7

So This is Love- Cinderella

*

*

*

*

*

***Emmett's POV***

I realized I was falling for Ella the moment I saw her. It wasn't in the music shop or even around town. It was two years ago at the school talent show. I knew she didn't go to our school because of Peter and Alana. She and Alana had taken the stage and Ella had a violin in her hand. Alana placed herself behind the mike and Ella started playing So This is Love from the original Cinderella movie. I watched her as she played the violin. It was like she was making love to an instrument, if that was even possible. She was so beautiful then, she's beautiful now too.

I tried to forget about her because of William. It was his first daughter, his baby girl. And I was a delinquent who deserved to be shunned and forgotten about. But then I started seeing her more around town and it was nearly impossible to forget about her. I watched her grow from the shy sixteen year old with curly, dark hair that went down to her shoulders to the outgoing eighteen year old with unmanageable curls that passed her cute butt.

Now she's my girl. And I'm falling harder than ever. I can't say I love her, well, because I don't know what it's like to be in love. But I can say that I care so deeply about her that sometimes it hurts. I'm so lucky to have her, and I'll make sure that I'll never loose her. Sometimes I think that she deserves better than me. No, I know she does. Ella is going places and I'm not even gonna get out of this town. I don't want to be the one holding her back, but I'm not ready to let her go. I don't think I'll ever be ready to let Ella go.

Right now, I'm in her mother's kitchen with her little brother Wyatt, making everyone breakfast. It's been a couple of weeks since we announced our relationship. I honestly thought my life would have ended in her mother's driveway if it wasn't for Shawn. Since then her mother's step-dad have been pretty cool with us and our occasional sleepovers. I even had a drawer full of clothing at the Beal house and she had a space in my closet. I didn't dare try to have sleepovers at William's house. I wasnt't crazy enough too. He still hated me for doing what I did almost four years ago. It wasn't the most convenient thing I could have done, but I was good at it and it was fast money.

I was an illegal underground fighter for a year and a half. If I could have done anything else, I would have. But we were short on money and a little behind on the bills. I quit though, and I'm glad I did, because I may not be here right now if I didn't. One of the fights I got paired with a big burly dude and he almost killed me. One of my good friends was able to pull me out of the bar basement with two cracked ribs and a concussion. I had to tell my mom at that point, and at first, she was mad. Then, she codled me and told me that I was grounded for two months.

I promised Ella that I'd tell her about those days, and I will, but I'm scared. I'm scared that she'll leave me or that she'll not even talk to me after that or that she'll really think I'm the iconic "bad boy". I'm not a bad boy anymore, I shouldn't have to deal with that forsaken name anymore. But I do, and I have to own up to the fact that things will never change in this town.

People started filing down the stairs around quarter of seven. Anya and Tobias were dressed and ready to go to work. They owned the dance studio four blocks from the music shop. Anya and Tobias belonged to Anya's parent's dance company until they were twenty one, when her father handed over the business to his baby girl. She sold the company to her oldest sister and took the money and moved closer to the father of her oldest child.