Chapter 5

My Girl- The Temptations

Cough Syrup- Young the Giant

You and I Will Meet Again- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

*

*

*

*

*

Breathe Eleanor. Just breathe.

Why the hell am I so nervous? Oh, I know, it's cause of my freaking date in two hours! I don't even realize how bad I'd get in anticipation for this date. Now, it's not my first date, like ever. I've had a few first dates, but I was never this nervous before. It also didn't help that this guy was already making me feel like I was about to die and go to heaven after a brief interlude with him. None of the other guys I've dated have done that. I've never even got butterflies in my belly kissing those guys, and whose to say that will happen with Emmett?

Oh hell, it'll happen, I'm sure.

Alana and Mary had a conversation with Emmett after breakfast. I know they were asking about where he was taking me and if they should cover for me by saying I was staying a second night. He told them the information and then left with Peter. My two conniving ladies set to work over the next few hours. When the clock read two, Mary forced me into the shower and told me to take my sweet time. I groaned at my 'third mother'. Mary is worse than Mackenzie and Mom combined. I showered for almost an hour, taking my time washing my hair and scrubbing my body. I took a long time shaving, though. God, I was hairy! I like wearing Capri's in the summer because I don't get hot and my legs are long enough that the pants landed just under the knee. So I don't shave a lot.

Once I finished, I wrapped a towel around my body and a towel around my hair and applied a thin layer of moisturizer on my face. I went into Alana's room and put on under garments and a tank top then padded over to Mary and Jake's room, where Alana and Mary were waiting with their weapons of torture. Mary attacked my long, already curling hair while Alana applied a gaudy amount of make-up.

Alana would like to have you know that it is not a gaudy amount, it's just the fact I hardly ever wear make-up so it feels gaudy.

After their vicious attack on my head, they forced me into a light blue summer dress with white Toms. I looked like a real girl. Alana had called Mackenzie and told her that I was staying over another night and I'd be home by dinner tomorrow night. Mary told me to get by butt down stairs because my date was waiting for me. I sauntered down the stairs and into the front hall, and there he was.

Emmett Larken was talking to Peter and Jake, probably getting the don't-deflower-our-little-girl talk. I lurked in the doorway and watched Larken for a little longer, taking in his appearance. He cleaned up well. He wore a faded, dark red flannel shirt with old, slightly faded jeans and black converse sneakers. I bit my lip lightly and cleared my throat, announcing I came down stairs. Emmett looked in my direction and grinned, leaving Jake and Peter and walked over to me.

"You look..." He trailed, thinking of the right word. "Fuck-able?" He asked. I punched him in the shoulder and spun on my heel. If he thought he was getting the goods on the first date let alone before marriage, he had another think coming. I heard him groan and grab my elbow, pulling me back to him.

"Eleanor, I was joking." He said softly. I huffed and rolled my eyes, not saying a word. "Eleanor, I'm sorry." He whispered. I sighed and turned around, looking Emmett Larken in the eyes.

"If you even get the slightest idea I'll sleep with you, you've got another thing coming." I said, drilling my finger in the center of his chest. Emmett Larken chuckled and wrapped his large hand around my slender finger.