Chapter 11

The Best Damn Thing- Avril Lavigne

Hip to My Heart- The Band Perry

*

*

*

*

*

I woke in Emmett's warm arms and I smiled. I could get used to waking up like this. Angeline is now two weeks old, which means I have a week and a half left before college. That was a scary thought. College. I'm going away to college in a week and a half. I'm leaving my home for the first time in eighteen years for more than a week. I felt my chest tighten like I was having an anxiety attack. I sat up straight and put my head between my knees to calm myself. Emmett woke up and started rubbing my back soothingly. I straightened once I felt like I could breathe again.

"Ella," He breathed, taking me into his arms. "It's okay. Everything is okay." He assured me. I nodded and kissed his cheek softly.

"I'm better." I whispered, running my fingers through his bed head. "You have morning breath." Emmett chuckled and kissed my nose softly.

"Then I'll keep breathing on you." He said. I scrumched my nose up and pushed him backwards so his head landed on my pillows. "So abusive, sweetheart." He muttered.

"Don't be gross." I mumbled. "I'm sorry if I scared you, Emmett." I mumbled. Emmett sat up again and wrapped his arms around me. I had to admit, I didn't picture myself being here with Emmett in May. I didn't think I could even love Emmett back then. But I love him now.

"It's okay, sweetheart." He murmured, pressing his lips to the back of my neck. "Don't think about you know what. Just enjoy the time we have left in town." I sighed and leaned into his solid chest. Emmett had a point.

"I'm nervous, Emmett." I admitted aftr several moments of silence. "What if everything goes wrong?" I heard Emmett sigh as he tightened his arms around me.

"Well, I know that everything will be perfect. But if something does go wrong, you and I will figure it out. No one will blame you if something goes wrong and you have to come back here." He said softly. "But again, I know that nothing will ever happen." Well, when he said it like that, it was hard not to believe him. I turned my head and kised his jaw softly then climbed out of bed.

"Come on, I'm hungry." I said, pulling him up. We walked out of my bedroom and down stairs to the kitchen. Mom made muffins. I could smell it. I dropped Emmett's hand and ran into the kitchen and grabbed the first muffin I could see. I stuffed it in my mouth and moaned. Banana Chocolate Chip muffins. So freaking good. Emmett and Mom laughed as I grabbed three more and hoarded them against m flat belly.

"God, you're worse than the boys." Mom said, exaggerating the truth.

"The boys only get like this when you make steak. I don't like steak the way you and Dad make it." I mumbled as I sat at the island. Emmett joined me and stole one of my muffins, earning a death glare from me.

"Ella, your school called about a farwell party for all the graduates." I groaned. I didn't want to go back to school now. "You're going." Mom stated.

"Fine." I mumbled. "Emmett's coming with me though." I added. I heard Emmett laugh and shake his head in defeat.

"When is it, Anya?" He asked.

"Tonight. You two need to look nice, mingle with your old classmates, maybe even play something. Your principle asked if you could join the band he hired for just one song. Either as vocals or an instument." I grumbled something incoherent as I stuffed more muffin in my mouth. After eating breakfast, Emmett and I cuddled on the back porch since it was cool out this morning. We talked and laughed and kissed, mainly we laughed and kissed.

"Emmett, you need to go home and shower and change soon." I murmured against his lips. He nodded because he knew he did.

"I'll pick you up at six, sweetheart." He said, pecking my nose. "After the party thing, we can go back to my house and unwind. Maybe watch a movie." I nodded with a smile as we stood. I walked Emmett out to his truck and kissed him goodbye, then went back inside and got ready.

Emmett picked me up at six. He looked good enough to eat! He wore a white dress shirt and black dress pants and black shoes. I was glad that we matched. I wore a white dress that ended just above the knee with a light denim jacket to cover my shoulders. I was honestly dreading tonight. Emmett would finally meet the asshats who thought of me as a conquest and not as their girlfriend. Emmett placed a kiss on my forehead before we climbed in his truck and drove off to the school. I turned on the radio and smiled as the song The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne came on.

"I found my hopes, I found my dreams

My Cinderella story scene
Now everybody's gonna see

That you're not, not, not gonna get any better
You won't, won't, won't, you won't get rid of me, never
Like it or not, even though she's a lot like me
We're not the same

And yeah, yeah, yeah I'm a lot to handle
You don't know trouble, I'm a hell of a scandal
Me, I'm a scene, I'm a drama queen
I'm the best damn thing that your eyes have ever seen..."

Emmett smirked as I sang the words. He knew that they were true. He wouldn't find anyone better than me. I know that sounds pretentious of me, but it's true. I knew I wouldn't find anyone better than Emmett Larken. And he wouldn't find anyone better than me. About twenty or so minutes later, Emmett pulled into the school parking lot. His truck stuck out like a sore thumb in the crowd of Cadillac's and Volvo's and other expensive cars. We hopped out of the vehicle and walked hand in hand to my school.

I hated everyone in this school, with the exception of a few people who were in the music program with me. They're my friends. Their names are Julianna, Markus, and Adam. They attacked us as we stepped through the threshold of the school.

"Oh. My. God. You look like a girl!" Julianna exclaimed. "Wait, who's this cutie?"

"This is Emmett. My boyfriend." I said, hugging his waist tightly.

"How long have you two been together?" Adam asked, eyeing Emmett up like a piece of meat. He was my counterpart, and my only gay friend. I knew that Adam would never try to steal Emmett from me, and I couldn't blame him for looking.

"Since May." I said, smiling at Adam.

"He's a keeper then. You've never made it past a month before. Congrats Ells." Adam exclaimed, coming over and hugging me tight. I laughed at my friend. Maybe tonight won't be so bad.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

Last update before I leave tomorrow. This chapter will be in two parts, so hold on to your hats. I'm sorry this is kind of short, but it's been a while since I've updated, so I needed to get it out.

Anywho, how are your weeks? Have they been good? I hope so! Mine's been a little busy, but hey, that's okay!

Check out A Collection of Stories which is a bunch of random ideas I will be posting periodically of stories that are in my head and will probably never become books.

Comment, share, vote.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho