Chapter 9

Piano Sonata No. 11- Motzart

Snails- The Format

*

*

*

*

*

I dropped Wyatt off at the Dance Studio and Alana and her sisters at the Green's house. I drove Chris and Ebony home as Peter passed us down the street. McKenie's sister, Natalie, and her husband, Brian's, minivan was in the driveway as I pulled up and parked the subaru. Ebony and Chris jumped out of the cab and ran into the house and I chuckled, grabbing my things from the trunk before making my way inside.

I had Natalie to thank for creating my love for music. As Crestwood School for the Arts, where she and Brian and both sets of my parents met. Natalie was there on a scholarship for music, more importantly, the piano and cello. She taught me all the knew from the time I was sure I wanted to run my fingers over the ivory and obsidian keys. She told me that her two great loves were the piano and her husband. I wanted to be just like her, and I was well on my way to achieve my goal.

As I set foot in the house, I was attacked by Natalie and Brian's five kids. The oldest was my age and yet, she never acted like it. The next oldest was Shawn's age, then the third was Christopher's age, the fouth was Wyatt's age and the fifth is Ebony's age.

I said my hellos and walked into the kitchen, dropping my bag by the door before going over to two very pregnant women. I hugged my step-mother, then Natalie, then my guys. Natalie was my favorite person to be around when she's pregnant. She's bitchy and sarcastic and takes no one's shit. She also pushes people when it's needed, like if they're about to give up. She always pushed me forward, and I loved it about her.

"So, Eleanor, McKenzie tells me you have a new guy in your life. Tell me about him." She said, forcing me into the stool next to her. "Am I going to meet him soon?" She asked before I could speak. I smiled and nodded my head yes.

"Yes, Nat, he's coming over in a bit." I told her. "Well, he's tall with blue eyes and dark brown hair, like Papa's. He's wonderful and caring and he supports my love for music. I'm thinking about asking him to move into the apartment with me when I go to Berklee." I added quietly.

"No," Papa said, challenging me to rebuttle. And I did.

"What do you mean no, Papa? You've never seen me this happy with a guy before and I know he wouldn't hurt me. We've been together almost... two months now. And on top of that, I'm an adult. I've talked to mom about it and she said as long as we practice abstinence, she'll give us her blessing." I said, squaring off at my father. His face was red and his nostrils were flaring.

"I said no. That boy is nothing but trouble. Did he tell you about what he did when he was fifteen? How he almost--"

"Will, please." Emmett begged from the doorway. I stood and looked at my boyfriend with a confused expression on my face. "I haven't gotten a chance to tell her yet."

"Tell me what, Emmett?" I asked softly as I walked over to him. Emmett wrapped his arms around my body and drew me against his chest and I tilted my head up to look at him.

"You remember on our first date you asked me why I was called a bad boy?" He asked and I nodded. "I never told you the story because I didn't know how you'd react." He admitted.

"Emmett," I said softly. "You can tell me." I cuped his cheeks gently, forcing him to look into my eyes. Emmett took my left hand in his and excused us as he led us out of the kitchen and up to my room. Once inside, he closed the door and we sat on my bed, facing each other.