One

She's Perfect For The Job

Robyn

Robyn! Robyn! Come on, get the hell up. You've been sleeping all day.

I sighed heavily and crawled slowly out my bed. I yawned as I made my way towards the bathroom. I walked to the bathroom door and saw it was locked. I hate having a roommate...especially one who spends all day in the shower, half an hour doing hair and makeup, and then using up all the hot water. I wanted an apartment this semester but, they were all booked. I knocked on the door but of course she can't hear me.

7:45am 2 hours until class

I banged on the door harder and she finally opened the door.

Damn Robyn...I'm done.

You're not the only who has to get ready, Amanda. I have school too.

I don't have classes today...I'm going with my boyfriend this morning.

Lucky you. Have fun.

I'll have more than fun...he's going to be making me scream.

She nugged my shoulder and winked at me. I sighed heavily and went into the bathroom. I closed and locked the door. I turned on the shower and began stripping out if my sleepwear. Thankfully, she didn't take all the hot water...today. I quickly washed up and started getting ready for school. Even with me being 21, I still rush like my freshman year. I wiped the mirror of the steaming fog from the shower and began to brush my teeth. I washed my face and wrapped a towel around me and walked to my side of the room. I stripped of my towel and slipped on a pair of red hipster panties and a black bra. I threw on a black crop top and some blue jean shorts. I grabbed my bag and my keys and headed towards my class.

8:56 1 hour and 29 minutes until class

As I was making my way towards the English building, I was stopped by Michael. Michael is kinda a dorky guy but everyone knows him because he's the star basketball player at the school. He is a cute guy, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he is interested.

Robyn...looking good as ever. What's up?

Oh...thank you. And making my way to class, like you should be doing.

Um...class got cancelled today. Didn't you hear?

No...obvious not. Why is it cancelled?

Um...Mr. Smith got a real bad flu so, he said no class for today or tomorrow.

Damn...well, I don't have any classes for the rest of the day. Wanna go eat with me?

As much as I would want to sit with your beautiful ass, I have to make it to practice. Maybe later? I'll take you to Taco Bell.

Taco Bell? You've been talking to Amanda, haven't you?

Just a little. I got you tonight, cutie.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

Me too. See you later.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked off. I blushed hard as I made my way back to the dorms. Shit, without having any class today, I can go to work early today. I opened the door and began changing into my work clothes. I work as an intern at The Daily Grid...journalists, writers, authors, poets, you name it...everybody that comes through there, end up somewhere big. Hopefully one day, that's me. But, I have a long way to go if I want to make it big. With my pay only at 10.50 an hour, the people that's been hear gets paid damn near twenty dollars per hour and if their stories are good. I sighed as I grabbed my keys and walked out the door...for the second time this morning.