Eight

This Is Called Paradise, My Queen

Justyn

I didn't like it when she was quiet. It feels like I'm not doing something right. When we got the airport, she got out the car and just walked away. I sighed and followed her to the jet. When I got in, she sat there...no emotions on her face. I never seen her this quiet before and it began to worry me.

We should arrive in the Bahamas shortly, sir.

Thank you, Carter.

He walked off and they were still loading our luggage on. I sat next to her and she just burst into tears. Like she has never done this before, I slowly wrapped my arm around her and she began to cry harder.

Hush baby. I'm here.

Why does he hate me? Why can't he just love me? Why can't he just love his child?

Robyn?

M-my fa-father...he...doesn't love me. He fucking hates me. How can someone say that shit to their own daughter on her most important day? And he wasn't even man enough to say in my goddamn face? Fucking coward!

W-what are you talking about, Robyn?

She looked at me and just stared me down. I don't know what she was doing but she just grabbed my face so that we were making eye contact.

Promise me?

Promise you what?

T-that...you won't treat me like my father...even if this marriage doesn't work out...that you will never disrespect me...treat me like a disgrace...like I'm something you never wanted to deal with.

Ro-Robyn...I don't know what to say...

Promise me?

I promise.

She slightly smiled and kissed my forehead. She rested her head on my shoulder and cried herself to sleep. I wonder what her father said to her to make her act like this. Maybe I should have asked? I will...when she's in a better mood.

One and Only Ocean Club Nassau, Bahamas

I checked us in and Robyn was still quiet. It was a nice resort and for it to be worth $1121 a week, it was worth it. We got in the room and it was very classy. Something I should have in my own home. Robyn put her bag down and sat on the bed. I put my stuff down and sat next to her. She laid down and patted the spot next to her and I laid down on her. She kissed my forehead and ran her hands through my hair.

Justyn?

Yes?

Did you mean what you said?

What are you talking about? The vows?

Yes...did you mean it?

I sighed heavily and sat her up so that we were making eye contact. I rested my hand on her cheek and she started blushing hard. 

I meant every word, Robyn.

You are good too me, Justyn. I don't know why but you are.

I always will be, okay?

Okay.

Now, let's get some sleep, yeah?

Yes, Mr. Lyons.

I smiled as I laid down and she laid on top of my chest. I kissed her forehead and I slowly drifted asleep.