Chapter Ten

RECAP

"You too princess." Ben smiles. The music turns on to a slow song and people begin to seep into the dancefloor, dancing with their mates. The perfect forest scent comes back again, very, very strongly. I turn around, slowly, and from about twelve meters away I meet someones eyes.

I stare into these deep forest green eyes, and I think I could get lost into them. I know there is something special about this man.

END OF RECAP

Suddenly Crystal goes wild.

'Mate! Mate!' Crystal screams. I slowly begin to walk to the owner of the green eyes. When we are about a foot away Crystal is going phsyco for his touch. I can feel my friends eyes boring into my back.

"Princess Alexandra, may I have this dance?" He asks, the whole while I'm staring into his eyes through the mask.

"Of course." I say, placing my hand in his and getting tingles up my hand. I place my other hand on his shoulder and he places his on my waist. I feel the sparks flying everywhere. As we dance we study each others faces. He has spikey brown hair and his nose is covered by the mask. His face is fairly angular and his lips are slightly pouty. For some reason, he is so very familiar.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"I'm hurt. I thought we bonded the first time we met." He says his eyes sparkling with amusement. I gasp, and stop dancing.

"Gabriel?" I ask.

"Right." He smirks. Suddenly I don't know if I'm ready for a mate. I break away from him and I can see hurt flashing through his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I... just give me a second." I say before turning and running over to my friends.

"So?" Kath asks excitedly.

"I don't know if I'm ready for this." I say, I can hear the worry thickly coated in my voice.

"It's okay Alex, he's your mate, he'll understand." Katie says soothingly.

"But... my mate is Gabriel." I whisper.

"All the more reason he'll accept you! Now go! Talk to him!" Kath says pushing me. I smile, my confidence up a bit before heading back to Gabriel.

"Do we continue?" Gabriel asks. I nod and we begin to dance again.

"I've missed you." I say quietly.

"I've missed you too." Gabriel replies in the same quiet tone. We dance in silence for the rest of the song before I smirk at Gabriel.

"Hide and seek." I whisper before running away from Gabriel and through the crowd. I giggle a bit before heading to my friends.

"Where's Gabriel?" Katie asks.

"Oh, we're playing a... game." I say smiling a bit. Of course my friends are all by the food, and there are some really yummy treats here. Like, brownies and cookies and all sorts of sugary things.

"I know you want it princess." Jerrys voice says from accross the food table.

"Are you trying to embarrass me in front of everyone?" I ask him.

"No, no, of course not dear princess!" Jerry says with mock fear.

"Then be gone!" I say playfully with a swish of my hand. With that he smiles and places another plate of treats onto the table before heading into the kitchen.

"Oh Alex." Kath laughs. Suddenly Gabriels scent hits my nose, I whirl around and he smiles at me from two feet away.

"Got you." He says happily pulling me into a hug. I laugh a bit before an evil smirk comes onto my face, I twist out of his arms.