Chapter Thirty One

Kathleen's POV

I walk into the pack house. I had just went for a run.

Some pack members greet me in the kitchen. I take a water bottle out and chug it.

Lucas comes downstairs with a sullen looking expression.

"What's wrong?" I ask wearily.

"Go change. I have some bad news." Lucas says sadly.

"Why must I change?" I ask.

"Just do." Lucas says.

I run upstairs and pull on some other clothes. I sit on the bed and call Lucas.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's about Alex... She's in a coma." Lucas says.

I freeze. What is Lucas talking about? This isn't right. What?

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Queen Marie called me. Alex was going to Corals house. She was on her motorbike. Somehow she drove off into the ditch. She's currently in Gabriel's pack hospital, Queen Marie got her to move hospitals." Lucas explains.

I can't help it, I start to ball. I sob and sob. Lucas tries to comfort me, rubbing my back and saying shh.

"C-Can we go see her?" I ask.

"Yes." Lucas nods.

Lucas calls someone on the phone, but I'm lost in thought and my sobs.

A portal opens in front of us and I step through with Lucas tightly holding my hand.

We come into Gabriel's office. Katie, Justin, Raine and Aiden are all already there. Along with Queen Marie, King Aslin, Dustin, another girl I don't know, Sophia, James, Molly, Coral and Drake. Gabriel is standing, staring out the window.

Katie and Raine are also sobbing. I run over to them and we all pull each other in a hug.

Coral is crying her eyes out, so I hug her too.

"What if she never wakes up?" Coral asks through sobs.

"Alex is strong. She'll wake up. She has to." I say.

Gabriel perks up. "We can see her now." He says.

We all follow Gabriel. We walk into a big hospital room at the pack doctors.

Alex is lying on a bed.

She looks frail. Beat up. Horrible.

Her makeup has been washed off, the scar on her face being shown. But small cuts are on her face. Her right arm is in a cast. A blanket has been laid perfectly on top of her body, covering all the way up to her stomach. A heart monitor is going beside her, the steady beat showing her heart rate. She looks dead. The way her face has sunken and extremely pale... and she no longer looks... happy. If it weren't for the small rise and falls of her chest, any one would assume she's dead.

A doctor walks in.

"Alpha, she has three broken ribs, broken right arm, and possible brain damage from where the helmet punctured her." The doctor says.

"Helmet?" We all ask.

"Did you not know? Luna was riding a motorcycle." The doctor says.

James and Molly are looking at Alex, both crying.

"Alex, wake up. Please." Molly begs.

Gabriel looks mad, he turns away and breaks a chair in anger.