Chapter Seventeen

The first page is a note. From Darcey and my mom...

Dear Alexandra,

You will officially call Darcey and I ninjas! We take ninja photos. :) Don't be completely alarmed by our ninja skills!

Make sure Gabriel is here with you when you look at this!

Love, Darcey and Mom

"Okay..." Kath drawls.

"Let's go sit down." I decide.

We go to the living room and sit on the couch, Gabriel looking over my shoulder.

I turn the page and gasp. The photos are of Gabriel and I! The dinner we had... As kids! I didn't see Darcey or Mom with a camera that night!

The first photo is of Gabriel kissing my hand. The second is of Gabriel pulling the chair out for me.

"Oh my God! Alex you were adorable!" Kath gasps.

"Wow, you were both cute children." Katie says.

"How old were you two?" Taylor asks.

"I was six." I say.

"I was nine." Gabriel says.

"Our moms are officially ninja." I decide.

"Yes. They are." Gabriel laughs.

As I flip to the next page the photos consist of Gabriel and I making weird faces at the dinner table.

As I flip pages I'm met with the memories of that night. One photo I'm throwing food into Gabriel's mouth. Some other photos are of me playing piano, some photos are when we were chasing each other around the castle.

"I can see from the pictures you two bonded!" Kath says.

The last picture is of Gabriel and I hugging.

"Awww!" The girls chorus.

I close the book and fall back into the couch. And I think. I pull up all the memories of that night.

I smile and close my eyes as the memories flood in.

'You and Gabriel definitely are meant for each other.' Crystal says.

"Earth to Alexandra!" Kath says into my ear.

"What?" I moan.

"Go to school." Kath suggests.

"Why?" I mutter.

"Because someone texted me asking if I knew where you were." Kath says.

"What? Who?" I ask.

"Um... Some girl named Harper." Kath says.

"Oh, hag Harper?" I ask, stealing Kaths phone to see the text.

"Hag Harper?" Kath asks.

"Yeah, she bullies the other kids. I'm working on putting her in place. Wait, what the hell? She isn't my friend. More like my enemy. Why did she text you and how did she get your number?" I ask. Then there's a sharp pain in my head.

'Hello Alexandra. Yes I'm one of the witches. Harper is here at school with us. If you want to save her, come to school.' A voice that's not Crystal says in my head.

'Don't tell them what the witch said Alex.' Crysral warns.

"Oh my gosh, Alex, you remember when you wanted Tristan to be your mate?" Raine says suddenly. Gabriel growls making me jump.