Chapter Fifteen

Raine's POV

Yesterday was... interesting. Alex had to do homework. Or as she calls it 'Hours Of My Energy Wasted On Random Knowledge.'

Kath warned us she gets easily distracted with homework. Let me tell you now... YES SHE DOES!

Like, OH MY GOSH! I think she has, like, this learning disorder towards subjects she hates because... Let me recount what she did.

She had multiple times broke out singing random songs. She had played air guitar once. She would fall backwards and go limp. When she actually listened her face would go all confused and then she'd stop listening again.

After a while we gave up. She had stuck her tongue out at the math book before she had teleported back wherever it was in the first place.

Currently, I'm lying awake in bed with Aiden.

"You awake?" Aiden asks. His sleepy tone clogging his voice.

"Yep. Lets get up. We keep beating Alex to the kitchen and it's fun to watch what she does in the mornings." I tell him.

"She has to go to school today." Aiden points out.

"All the more reason to watch her reaction!" I explain.

"'Kay, c'mon then." Aiden sighs sitting up.

We get dressed and head to the castle kitchen where Gabriel, Kath, Lucas, Katie and Justin already are... but no Alex yet!

What will her entrance be today? I can hear her voice before I can see her.

"No! No black! Not for a first date. It doesn't look right." Alex says. She pushes the dining room door open and I see her on her cell phone... I thought you didn't have connection with the outside world inside the castle gates...

"I don't know what to wear!" Gasps a feminine voice on the other end of the phone line.

"Idiot! You only have... two hours to get ready!" Alex freaks out over her phone.

"Okay dark or light colours?" The feminine girl asks. I recognize the voice as Corals.

"If you're going skating, go with dark colours." Alex orders.

"Accessories?" Coral asks.

"Wear a long sleeve white shirt and a vest over top. Add jeans and wear brown boots. Put your hair in a bun or a side braid! You have to put a scarf on with it! But only if the scarf looks right. Put on a smokey eye makeup look and don't forget to wear your favourite perfume!" Alex blabbers.

"Got it! Thanks soooo much Alex! I don't know where I'd be without you!" Coral says before hanging up.

"Dating advice?" Katie asks.

"Yup! Now I have to go to school, 'cause they make me. So... yeah... I only have a little bit of time to talk." Alex says. She moves her one arm away from her stomach where she was hugging herself and I can't help but gasp.

Alex is wearing a crop top, exposing her stomach. This must have been the first time I really looked at Alex because her waist is so painfully thin it isn't even funny. Before I could ask in a nicer way, I burst.

"Do you puke up all your food after you eat it?" I ask. Alex looks at me and instantly her eyes begin to tear up and she goes back to hugging her waist.

Tears begin to trickle down her cheeks and I can't move. How do I make this better? What had I done?

"Oh, Alex, baby, Raine didn't mean it like that. She's just worried. Those other girls were jealous bitches and complete bullies. I promise they'll never mess with you again." Kath says hugging Alex.