Chapter Four

Louis was sitting in his garage, waiting for the clock to turn. It was only 4:30, he was still trying to decide how he was going to pick up his date. He was torn between his Range Rover, or his beloved motorbike. As he looked between the two, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He grabbed it and looked at the new text message.

From: Emonalee.

'I'm ready, so if you want to come early, you can.'

To: Emonalee.

'You'll have to be patient, love.'

He sighed and looked at the time. 4:42. It seemed to slow down as he watched the clock.

"Damn time, hurry up so I can leave..." He said to himself as he put his head in his hands.

Emonalee slammed her door shut after screaming to her mother that she hated her. Tears streamed down her face, she had just gotten a call from her grandma, who told her how pathetic she was, and fought with her and her mom just sat there. She decided to text Riley to see if he could come and pick her up early so she wouldn't have to deal with this.

To: Lou x

'I'm ready, so if you want to come early, you can'

Sent. She went to wipe her tears and fix her make-up. As she was putting on her lip-gloss, her phone vibrated.

From: Lou x

'You'll have to be patient, love.'

She didn't answer, she just got her razor out and made four more lines along her wrist. She rolled her head back and closed her eyes, almost wincing from the familiar stinging. Her phone vibrated again. She wiped off her razor and put it back in the drawer. She grabbed her phone off the dresser.

From: Lou x

'Alright love, I'm on my way.'

She sighed a breath of relief. Finally, she'd be able to get the hell out of here. She finished putting her make-up on, and she grabbed her phone and waited by the window. When she heard the familiar roar of a motorcycle engine, she opened the window and slid out of it. She leaned up against the side of the house, she wanted to call him to make sure it was him, and not some random person. As she dialed, he appeared in front of her, making her jump.

"Jesus, don't do that." She said as she smacked his chest lightly.

"Are you coming or not?" He said as he turned and walked back towards his bike. She followed quickly.

"Yeah." She replied quietly.