Chapter Seven

Louis wound up paying over a thousand dollars worth of damage over the weekend, he also was being ignored by two people. His own parents. His dad sat on the couch all day ignoring every word his son said. His mother, on the other hand, for the whole week, said literally, four words to him. He hated being ignored, but his parents thought if he experienced something he hated more than the world and all the people in it, he'd shape up. Emonalee, on the other hand, was talked to at least seven times each day, by everyone she knew. Her mother started being nicer to her and considering her as part of the family.

"Mom, where should I put this?" She asked carrying a heavy box filled with brand new dishes.

"On the table!" Her mother said happily. Emonalee obeyed her mother and set the heavy box on the table. Her younger brother came up to her and handed her a piece of paper.

"What's this?" She asked him. He shrugged his shoulders and walked away. She opened it and saw that it was a letter, addressed to her.

My lovely Emonalee,

My life is hard right now but you have to remember that if you need me, call me and I will always answer you. My parents are ignoring me right now and I haven't talked to you in about three days... Anyways, I miss you, and I hope you'll at least text me tonight.

-Lou.

She felt tears brimming in her eyes, he took the time, to sit and write to her. It surprised her because normally, he'd just text her saying 'i want to see you' but this was stepping up. She put the letter in her pocket and went to go finish helping her mom.

Louis sat on the edge of his bed.

"I sent that letter three days ago. Why hasn't she called me yet?" He stared at his phone.

"She probably thinks I should be in a mental institution for the criminally insane."

He dialed the number that was so familiar and pressed the phone to his ear.

'Hello!' A cheery voice sang on the other line.

'Sophia? It's me, I wanted to ask you something.'

Emonalee was trying to call Louis, but he just wouldn't answer. He probably was talking to someone else. She tried again and this time, he answered.

'Heyyyyyyyyy' He slurred.

'What the hell? Are you drunk?' She asked, her voice stern.

'Mayyybeee.' He said cheerfully.

'Oh my god, where are you?'

'I'm at Randy's place. He's having a party.'

'I'm coming over there.' She hung up and realized that she had no way to get there.

"Damn it." She said quietly. She could drive, but she had no car.

"Mom? Can I borrow your car? I have to go get my friend from a party."

"Sure love, but it better be in the garage when I wake up tomorrow. The keys are on the table."

"Thanks." She said simply and grabbed the keys.

When she arrived at Randy's, there were so many cars in the drive. She made her way up to the door and opened it. She scanned the crowd to find her boyfriend but she had no luck. When she finally did find him, he had some drunk whore pinned against the wall.

Wait a minute... That drunk whore, was Sophia.

"What the...." She said only loud enough so that she could hear it.

Sophia was laughing about God knows what, she threw her head back and he kissed her neck gently.

'Woah, back the fuck up, princess.' She thought to herself.

"Excuse me." She tapped on her boyfriends shoulder. He turned around and lost all the color in his face.

"Hi baby! Um, I-I can explain?"

"Good! You can explain it to me when we get in the car." She growled.

"I.. Yes, I have to go Sophia, thank you for understanding..." He said then he turned and pointed towards the door, gesturing for Emonalee to go first.

The minute they got into her moms car, she exploded with questions.

"Why were you here? What were you thinking? Why were you making her laugh like that? What is your problem!? Do you have any idea how worried I was!? What was up with the sweet words you were telling her? Did you intend to hurt me!? Why were you-"

"Enough! Jesus Christmas, you're making my head hurt!"

"Good! You deserve it! Now, care to explain what in the hell happened back there!?" He sighed.

"I called her and asked her what she was doing tonight. When she told me Randy was throwing a party, I instantly said I would come. Well the tequila was being passed around, and I couldn't resist! So I wound up with Sophia, in the hallway. Nothing else happened, I swear."

"Why wouldn't you have called me? You sent me a letter and you complain to me that nobody talks to you, yet you refuse to make any effort to talk to me! I want to make this work, and it seems like I'm the only one actually trying!"

"You don't think I'm trying? I'm trying harder than I ever have!"

"If you're trying, then why am I yelling at you right now?"

"Because you're being a controlling bitch!" Emonalee was about to say something, but she quickly stopped herself.

"I'm just showing you that I care about you." She said softly.

"Well you're not doing a very good job!"

"You aren't giving me a chance! You're yelling at me and you're not listening!" She put her head in her hands and started to cry.

"I'm trying to listen to you baby! But you're basically accusing me of not trying to make this.. Us, work." He wasn't yelling anymore. He hated seeing her cry. It made him want to cry as well.

"I shouldn't have even said yes. I should have kept Randy because he never yelled at me." She said in a whisper.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"No, tell me what you said."

"I said I should have kept Randy!" She yelled at him. His face softened. That broke him in every-way possible. That was like her saying she didn't love him at all.

"Randy didn't treat you as well as I do."

"No, you're right, he treated me way better."

"That's not true." He swallowed hard.

"Yes it is. He didn't go out and get hammered without even telling me."

"That's what this is about!? I'm not even drunk anymore."

"Bullshit."

"Are you saying you don't trust me?"

"Exactly."

"Well than maybe it's a good thing that Sophia wants me back." That was the part that made her snap.

"You know what? Fine. Go back to your little whore, the one who does everything you fucking tell her to. I don't give a shit. I'm glad you have a backup bitch because I would rather kill myself than be with you."

"You don't mean that." He said, trying to believe it wasn't true.

"Yes I do, I mean all of it!"

"So is this it then? Is it... Are we... Over?"

"I don't know, why don't you listen and tell me," she took a deep breath, and prepared herself for what she was going to say next.

"I hate you, Louis. I never want to see your fucking face again."