Chapter Five

Chapter 5

The date went really well, besides the fact that Emonalee wound up ripping her favorite pair of leggings. It was only 7:30 when they got done with dinner, so they decided to go sit by the creek. They sat on the grass and watched the stars. They talked about life, family, and everything else.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" He asked her after a moment of silence.

"Of course!" She replied.

"Do you really like Randy?"

"I-" she stopped herself. She had to think, she's never been asked such a complicated question, ever. She never even thought of that.

"You what?"

"I don't know." She looked at the ground, he tilted her chin up, making her look at him.

"Well then why are you with him?" He said softly.

"He's always so sweet, and he loves me."

"No, he doesn't."

"What are you talking about?"

"He's only using you, he has been since the moment he asked you out! He is only dating you so that I'm forced to stay away!"

"I.... He..... No.... I-I don't believe it."

"You have to believe me! I wouldn't lie to you Emonalee!"

"Why would he...... Use me?"

"I told you that! Because I want you!"

"But you have Sophia!"

"She cheats on me with some jock." He said while looking down.

"I can't just leave Randy! He means everything to me!"

"Emonalee,"

"Lou, I get it, I mean, I'd stand barefoot in pouring rain for you, but," He cut her off.

"I'd stand barefoot on broken glass for you!"

"I don't want to just leave Randy! I mean what would I tell him?"

"Just say We're done, that's all you have to say!"

"Okay.." She pulled out her phone and texted Randy.

To: Randy <3

'I'm sorry, but, we're done.'

"There."

"Don't you feel free now?"

"Not really.." She looked at the ground and felt a tear roll down her cheek.

"Hey, look at me" He spoke up. She looked up.

"I feel better, now that I know you aren't being used."

"Wait a minute, wait a minute. Why did you tell me to leave him?"

"Because he was using you."

"I thought you said you wanted me."

"Yeah, but, I'm with Sophia."

"Oh my.... Are you freaking kidding me!?" She put her head in her hands and cried.

"Why are you crying? I just saved you from being heartbroken in the future."

"I thought you were going to ask me to be yours!"

"No, No, and No. I only made it seem like that because you wouldn't have done it."

"Your damn right I wouldn't have." The voices in her head were going crazy.

Hurt him. Make him pay for what he did. They yelled. She couldn't take it anymore. She saw a small piece of glass laying in the grass and she grabbed it. She made three deep cuts on her wrist. He, who couldn't watch her harm herself anymore, grabbed the glass from her and threw it behind him.

"I thought you were going to stop doing this!" He grabbed her wrists.

"Bring me home."

"What?"

"I said bring me home." She stood up and jerked her wrist out of his grasp.

"Emonalee, it's only 8:30."

"I don't care. I want to go home." Actually........ She didn't.

"Alright, fine, lets go."

They drove back to Farah and Louis brought Emonalee to his house, since his parents were never around.

"Where are we?"

"My place."

"Woah, No. No. No. No. No. No. I don't want to be anywhere near you right now."

"Well then I'll sleep on the couch."

"Hell to the no."

"Are you coming or what?" She stayed right where she was and crossed her arms over her chest.

"No."

"Hey, stop being stubborn. Don't make me throw you over my shoulder."

"You wouldn't.."

"Oh yes, I would."

"You better not."

"Hmmmmm, I think I will. If you don't follow me."

She didn't give in. She stayed right where she was. And he, just like he said he would, picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, carrying her to the house. He ignored her screams and pleas to put her down and he gently set her on the couch when they were inside. She pulled him down with her and while they were face to face, he started to lean in. She closed her eyes softly and lightly puckered her lips. She opened her eyes and saw that he was just staring at her.

"Just kiss me, please." She whimpered.