Chapter Nine

Emonalee got into her moms car and drove to town. She knew where she was going, but she didn't want to go. She decided to call Louis and see if he'd be willing to talk to her.

'What.' His voice was firm, like he was annoyed.

'I-I just felt like calling.' She squeaked.

'Well what do you need?' He growled.

'I-I need you.' She said softly.

'Where was this phone-call when I needed you?'

'It's only been two weeks...'

'Yeah, well, it's been two weeks too long.' The line went dead. She sat still in the parking lot of an abandoned building, still holding the phone to her ear.

"But... I love you..." She said, then she let her phone fall into her lap as she cried. Sobbing violently while the sound echoed throughout the small area of the car.

Louis was sat on his bed, thinking about his conversation. His voices speaking up like never before.

She has never loved you. They screamed. He held the razor against his wrist trying to find a clean spot to cut, failing greatly.

"Who in the hell are you trying to fool! I need her and she knows it!" He yelled.

She hates you, she said it herself. They told him.

"No... She was only mad. She didn't mean it," slice, "She loves me," slice, "I need her." slice.

Each time he cut, tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Why did she leave me. Why didn't I listen to her!?" He cried. He laid down on the floor curled up in a ball. Trying not to think about her.

Emonalee walked to her best friends house, forgetting about her moms car in the abandoned parking lot. While she was walking there, she noticed Louis' house, with an ambulance in the drive. She sprinted up to the door and barged in.

"Lou!" She yelled. A man came rushing to the door.

"You can't be in here!"

"I'm his..... Girlfriend. He'll want me to stay."

"I don't think he will.. He's hurt pretty badly, there's a one out of a hundred chance that he'll survive." Emonalee dropped to her knees. Sobbing hysterically. How could she be so selfish!?

"I-I need to see him." She said to the man.

"We have to get him to RidgeWoods." He explained.

"I'm coming with." She said standing up. The man told her to wait at the door and they'll bring him out of what she assumed was his bathroom.

"Oh my-" She gasped when she saw him. He was really pale and there was blood all over his clothes. He looked, well, dead.

"Miss?" The man said, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Yes?" She said, still studying her only love lying unconscious.

"Lets go to the hospital. We'll try everything we can to save him." She nodded and followed the three men.

-skip the ambulance ride-

They wouldn't let her go into the room with him until visiting hours were open. Which, when she looked at the clock, was in twenty minutes. She studied the faces of the other patients that scattered the waiting room. There were a few kids playing with toy cars on the floor in front of her. When one of them ran the car into her foot, he looked up at her and blushed.

"Sorry miss." He said shakily.

"That's okay." He came up and sat in the chair next to her.

"You know you're really pretty.."

"Thank you!"

"You also look really familiar.. Do you know my brother?"

"Well I don't know, who's your brother?"

"Louis." He smiled.

"Yes, I do. He's my...... Boyfriend..." If he even is my boyfriend anymore.

"Wow! Really!? He talks about you all the time! And I was just talking to him yesterday about how beautiful you must've been!" I blushed.

"What's your name?"

"Isaac. What's yours?"

"I'm Emonalee."

"Pretty." She liked Isaac, he made her feel whole inside. Soon enough the small nurse that was sitting at the desk announces that visiting hours are open.

"Let's do this." She said to herself.

Yes I know Lou doesn't have a brother. Leave it alone