Personal 2

Personal 2

Afia P.O.V.

The secret of Ben being the father of my baby was not kept long when Ben damn near had a heart attack, when I slipped in water, after that it didn't take long for the campus to catch on. So, privacy had been foreign these two weeks, a normal college life had flown out of the window and being the famous 'Benjamin Waters' baby momma' had come knocking me right on my ass. Everyone would either kiss my ass or give me pathetic looks. One girl even had the audacity to blatantly say in class that I was a Maury episode waiting to happen. But my favorite time was when Ben skipped class to take me to go get a cell phone, because he said I needed to call him anytime there was something new with the baby, this child had him wrapped around its finger and it was only an embryo.

"Yes, Benjamin I have taken my prenatal vitamins." I said annoyed.

"I will call you when I leave practice."

We said our farewells and hung up the phone, even though it was two weeks into the second trimester, I was certainly showing and it was becoming hard to do simple activities, as in putting on shoes, because my feet would either swell or they would ache. See if I told Ben this he would have a stroke, if told him I was in any sort of discomfort he would make it the biggest fucking deal known to man. His teammates had started to call him the 'Worry Some White Boy.' You would think he would be more worried about the season's first game, which was in five days may I add, but no he is worried about if the baby is going to get the placenta wrapped around its neck, he found this out from one of his teammates.

"Has he called again." Justice said smacking her teeth.

"Yep." I said nodding my head.

"At first it was adorable, but now the shit is annoying, Afia he called at three in the morning just to ask if the baby moved." She said putting a hand on her hip.

That was another thing ever since the baby started moving around, he had to know or he had to feel, he even recorded it to show to his teammates.

"I know, but he is just protective of the baby." I said rubbing my stomach.

"I understand that, but girl calling my phone if you don't answer yours is a little fucking crazy." She exclaimed.

"He is just excited." I shrugged laughing.

"Why don't you just move in with him?" She said clearly not amused.

"Because, it would be weird, we are not together and I don't want to feel like I owe him anything."

"Afia Adebowale, you are the mother of his child, i.e. his first child, you will never owe him anything, you gave him a life." She said making a point.

"But we are not together."

"So, the hell what, God wasn't with Mary when they had Jesus." She said pointing her finger at me.

"What is the point?" I laughed.

"The point is-"

She was cut off with a knock on the door and she frowned, "I bet you that is him."

I shook my head and she got up to the answer door and she exclaimed, "And yep I was right it is worry some white boy."

"You're so dramatic." Ben said pushing her out of the way.

"It is a good time that you came, you know why because yall' is about to talk about her moving in with you, because I can't handle being woken up at three in the morning." She said looking at the both of us and then leaving.

"She actually said something smart." Ben said rolling his eyes.

"I heard that." She said from the other side of the door.

I laughed and patted for him to sit on the bed.

"How is the baby?" He said touching my stomach.

"The same as it was thirty minutes ago." I said raising an eyebrow.

"Justice is right, you should move in with me Afia." Ben said taking his hands away from my belly.

"You're just going to drive me crazy."

"I only drive you crazy because I want the baby and you to be safe."

"I understand that Ben, but you literally recorded my stomach of the baby kicking and showed it to your teammates." I laughed.

"They loved it by the way." He smiled.

"That's good, but if I do move in with you, you have to stop being so worry some." I said taking his hand.

"I am not making no promises but I will try." He said sighing.

"That's all I ask." I smiled.

"Thank the Lord." Justice cheered from behind the door.

"Shut up." Ben yelled.

"I love you to Waters." She cooed and continue to cheer.

-----

2 DAYS LATER

"Yes Angelo, I am not lifting anything." I said watching Ben put all the boxes in the car.

"Ok, I will call you later to check up on you."

"Ok bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and watched Ben lift the last box, he had been working out more since I last saw him and it was showing. Not wanting to get caught clearing checking him I out I cleared my throat and said,

"Are you sure you don't need help?"

"Yes, and you shouldn't be lifting anything."

"Fine, but I hate just sitting here and watching you do all the work." I whined.

He ignored me and went to take the box out to his car. I looked at my bare side of the room, I had only stayed in this room for four weeks, I should have known it was impossible to have a normal college life.

"We're waiting for you." Justice said leaning against the door frame.

"Here I come." Was all I said becoming teary eyed.

"Are you really sad." Justice said narrowing her eyes.

"No, it's the hormones." I said mindlessly making circles on my stomach.

"Good, because you know I will see you every day you literally stay two minutes away from me." She laughed and hugging me.

"I know." I said wiping away a tear.

"Then stop crying." She said still laughing.

"Ok." I smiled.