Personal 24

Personal 24

Afia P.O.V.

October 15th (Three Days Later)

"Baby you don't have to do this." Ben said standing in the way. He had been trying to convince me to not meet with him, since he heard me tell the detective that I wanted to.

"Ben, you want me to be healthy, right?"

"Yes."

"Then I need to do this, I need answers and I know I just can't go on with life without knowing why."

He held his head down, he knew that whatever he said would not do any justice. I was going to see him whether he liked it or not.

Moving out of the way he said, "Just be careful."

"I will, we are in a police station after all."

He kissed on my head before going back to sit down. The detective then proceeded to state, "Now this is not completely legal so what all goes down in there will not be plausible in court ok."

"Ok, is he in there?" I said my eyes flicking to the interrogation room.

He shook his head and said, "No, we wanted you to be in there first, for you to get yourself together for a few minutes."

"Thank you."

"You're going to have a short time, so nothing will seem suspicious, so I suggest talk fast."

"Ok."

Before walking away, he said, "I hope this really does help you out."
This man really had no idea, "I hope so to."

I was then left alone, standing at the door way. I had been building up the courage since that day, I would always find myself having to mentally cheer myself on, trying to build self-confidence for this day.

I took a breath before pushing the door open and stepping in. I looked around as I shut the door, the place seemed cold and uninviting. It was very intimidating for me; the walls were a bland color of white and the only furniture it had was a wooden table and two chairs. There was no windows, there was no clocks, and I felt as though everything was shutting in on me.

I sat down in the chair that was farthest away from the second door that I knew they were going to bring Jonathan in. I crossed my hands on the table and sat there trying to figure out the different ways that this could possibly go down.

He could either give me nothing and I could leave here with no answers and no peace, or I could leave here with peace and all answers. My heart began beating rapidly at the last possibility, he could escape his handcuffs and finish the job Ryan couldn't. I shook my head of those thoughts, he couldn't have, he wouldn't have time to. But something inched at the back of my mind, that anything is possible.