Personal 5

Personal 5

Afia P.O.V.

few minutes later...

I would be damned if I sit up here and not let Ben know how I really feel about his parents coming to see us.

"Ben, I will be damned if I let them talk to me the way they talked to me back in Texas," Before Ben could say anything I held my hand up and continued, "I can't hear another fucking black joke, because if I do—Ben listen I love you, and I understand that these are Amara's grandparents but I know I might have to drag them."

He smiled and said, "You know you have always been sexy when you're mad."

"Benjamin." I groaned.

"You know I won't let them say anything that will make you uncomfortable."

Benjamin got off the couch and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Good, because I don't want to call them the latest word Justice taught me."

He snorted, "You have been hanging out with her, way too much."

"You know you like her." I said kissing his jaw.

"She's ok." He muttered his hands roaming down to my butt.

A soft moan escaped my throat unknowingly, my hormones had been driving me crazy and having this sexy man around is not making them any better.

"You better be happy you have my baby girl in there." He said.

"Baby," I whined, "The doctor said that we can have sex."

"Yeah, the doctor said a lot of things, but I don't feel comfortable with it." He pecked me on the lips.

"Fine."

----

2 days later

"Girl, you straight?"

"Yeah, continue with your story." I said stabbing the salad.

"I'm done, I been done." Justice said removing the salad from my grasp.

"I wasn't done with that."

"Girl you done stabbed the damn leaves to crumbs."

"Maybe that is how I like my salads." I muttered.

"Cut the bullshit, what's going on with you, you been mean mugging everybody and they momma." 

I sighed, I guess it would be better if I did open up to somebody, "My feet have been killing me, my back hurts like a bitch, I'm horny, I have been so stressed, and to add on Benjamin's parents are coming in less than two days."

"Afia is that all, listen girl you're pregnant and those are hormones they will go away, but that whole Benjamin parent's thing-girl you will be in my prayers."

"So, you know how fucking irritating his parents are." I said rubbing my temples.

"I don't know about that, but I do know in every single business magazine that I see him in-showing off his big-time business- all he would show was his very white co-workers." Justice said rolling his eyes.

I frowned, I knew that he was offensive, but damn did it have to go that far.

"What are you trying to get at?" I said cocking my head slightly to the side.

She sighed and said, "Girl, he is a rich white man from Texas, and rich white men like for their rich white sons to be with a rich white woman, they like to keep their life as white as possible."

"You should here the black jokes he says, there very dated."

"Rich white men's black jokes are always dated."

----

Ben P.O.V.

The next day...

"Curfew is at 11 and practice before the game is at 7:00 don't be late." The coach said finishing his usual speech.

The crowd around him dispersed and we retreated to our lockers. My mind was clouded and has been since I got that random ass call from my so-called father. What in the hell made him want to come to my game, out of all the ten years he never even bothers to watch one let alone come to one.

"You okay man?" Jackson said, showing a look of concern on his face.

I responded with a sure and began packing my things. I don't understand, what the hell could be his motive and I know it wasn't him wanting to be grandfather of the year or the best father of the year. I refused to let Amara be surrounded by that false reality.

"I'll see you later man." I said pounding fist with Jackson and giving everyone else a head nod. I left the locker room and hurried to my car, I was more than anxious to see Afia and the baby.

After probably breaking every speed limit there was—I hopped out of the car and unlocked the door. As expected Afia was in the kitchen cooking one of her famous dishes, with a slight scowl on her face.

I leaned back on the door and just stared at her, how in the hell could have I been so blind this year, or better yet cowardly. I always knew she was the one, she could do something that no one else could do, and that was provide me with happiness. Her love was never given to me out of motive, she never asked for anything but my love in return, how in the hell could I passed that up. At this moment, I knew that I would do anything to protect her and my daughter, even if it killed me or destroyed my career.

Afia sighed and looked up, she let out a scream and held her chest.

"Benjamin, when did you get here?"

I chuckled and walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my hands on her belly.

"A couple of minutes ago." I said nestling my head into her neck.

"So, you were just watching me?" She giggled.

"Yes, you're too beautiful not to."

She groaned and said, "You always say that."

"And I mean it every time."

I stayed there holding on to her waist while she cooked.