Personal 7

----

Personal 7

Afia P.O.V.

Friday (The Game)

Everyone was filled with so much team spirit, you could not look far without seeing the team colors. It definitely was not like back in Texas, I mean don't get me wrong Arlington love themselves some football but I could not say that they loved it as much as the UCLA campus.

The only thing I could describe as it as, would be busy, very busy. The players were on their sides of the fields and the bands were playing Bruins anthem with the cheerleaders dancing to it. Sports reporters, photographers, and cameras were everywhere trying to get interviews with the players before they started playing. 

"This is how it is like at football games?" I yelled, because Justice for sure would not be able to hear me if I talked in my normal tone.

"Yeah, you can see why Ben doesn't like you being here, it gets hype really quick." She yelled back.

Justice was not wrong, everyone was losing their cool. I stared around looking for Ben's parents but I couldn't find them but I did find a couple of girls giving me death glares, they were holding a sign also and it said, '#15 call me (213) 232-3214', You would think I would be pissed but I was quite the opposite, I was more curious then anything.

"Hey Justice, don't you see those girls giving me a bitch face." I said looking back at them.

She looked around for a minute before spotting them and then her eyes dropped to the sign, and her expression changed from a bored stare to a pissed stare.

"Those are the groupie hoes." She rolled her eyes.

"Do they really think Ben is going to notice that sign?"

"They always have hope."

I just nodded my head and turned my attention back towards the field, this reminded me of the first time I went to Ben's game. But the difference now is that Ashley is in Louisiana and Justice is here.

The players were getting into position on the field, UCLA was on offense and Auburn was on the defense. I had to admit that Auburn players looked fucking scary, and I was on the stands just think about what UCLA is thinking.

I looked back over to our team and found Ben quickly, he was talking to Jontavian. They talked for a few minutes before going to their spots, and it was like all the air disappeared and I found myself finding it hard to breath. I was worried, I was more than worried, I was scared out of my mind.

Not wanting to think about the outcome of this game, I looked around again, this time ignoring the stares and looking for Ben's parents. As expected they were no-where to be found, shaking my head I should have known, they hated being around the lower class and I see that has not changed. The whistle snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned back to the field and saw that the game begun and players were beginning their plays.

Ben ran and quickly snapped left, Jackson through the ball with all the effort he had, Ben caught the ball and began running, quickly moving around the players Ben passed it to the wide receiver, Marcus, who ran successfully into the end zone. The team did not celebrate they just simply went to their field goal stance, which they made easily.

The Bruins were up seven and the Auburns were down seven.

---

(Three hours later)

It had been three hours and it was the fourth quarter and I was more than done with this game, I was hungry and my feet were killing me. The Bruins were up by seven and the Tigers were down seven points.  I see that the Bruins were planning on keeping their winning streak, and it was obvious that the Tigers were pissed about that, they were being as aggressive as possible, at one point of the game they injured one of our cornerbacks and another one of them got into a fight with Jackson.

I was worried for the team but my hunger and pregnant pains was beating that worry tremendously. We had two minutes left into the game and the Bruins were on offense.

The players snapped the ball and Jackson got the ball and passed the ball to Ben who caught it but two big Auburn players were coming full force at him which caused Ben to pass it to Jontavian and Ben ended up getting tackled, I would not say tackled more like crashed into. The force of that tackle could probably shake the entire world, Ben was knocked on the ground and was under the two players.

"BENJAMIN!" I yelled

Justice quickly grabbed me and covered my mouth and said, "Shh, he is okay Afia, Ben has taken tackles before."

I removed myself from her and said, "Did you see how big those guys are Justice, not even Hercules could be okay from that type of hit."

Ben was still on the ground and the players had gotten off him, and my heart dropped. I didn't even care that Jontavian made the touchdown, everything in me was telling me to run on the field and see if he was ok. The ref called the whistle and the team surrounded him and some bended on one knee to see if he was ok.

"Afia he is going to be okay." Justice said, but this time she lacked security when she said it.

All my hunger and pregnancy pains left and worry replaced it, Ben still had not gotten up and it looked like he had no plans to.

Not wanting to respond to Justice I just watched, the crowd was silent and it was like everyone was holding their breaths. It felt like time stopped and my next heartbeat depended on Ben getting up.

"Ben please get up." I whimpered.

Justice wrapped her arms around me and it was like time shifted and I back in the car with Ben, I remembered that night like it only happened a few moments ago...

"You never answered my question."

"What?"

"How did you get so fast

"I told you practice."

"It couldn't have been just practice."

"I have always loved running I started running track before I started playing football, I loved the feeling of running it was the one thing that made me feel like I was in nirvana, so I started running everywhere until my father found out how fast I was and he said I should join the football team and I did and I became the 'star' running back."

That conversation echoed through her brain, he could have out run them, he should have out run them. Oh God, what if he never got up. I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by Justice shaking me saying,

"Afia he got up."

I let in a breath and sent a silent 'thank you' to God. His teammates and coaches were helping him to the locker room. Ben's eyes looked glaze and he looked completely out of it, what did they do to him.

Not even thinking about it I left the stands and shoved my way through the stands, trying to get to him.

"Afia wait you can't go back to the locker rooms."

Not responding again, I continued my mission back to the locker rooms, it was going to take the full roster of the Auburn team, to try and stop me. I was determined to see him and I would be damned if I let anyone stop me from getting to him.