Personal 26

Personal 26

Afia P.O.V.

Later that night...

I held the necklaces in my hand as I looked down at it, my nerves were in jumbles and the thought of the necklaces didn't seem as sweet as it did when I first thought about it in the jewelry store, I turned back up towards the mirror, sighing I opened the door to see Ben sitting on the bed whose gaze was on me, "It's about time."

I rolled my eyes and crawled into bed next to him, "Very funny." He scooted me next to him, I unclenched my fist to show the gold necklaces, "This is your birthday gift, I mean it wasn't like this when I saw it I had to get it custom made because I am pretty sure that jewelry stores don't have jersey numbers and names lying around the store, it would be crazy if-"

His lips on mine cut me off abruptly, leaving what I was going to say next in the wind, "You always ramble when you're nervous."

"I just want you to like it," I felt my face starting to get hot, "I mean I just wanted you to know you had my full support and with that thought in mind I had your jersey number and last name put on two necklaces, and I made a promise to myself that I was never going to take it off."

He didn't say anything at first just stared down at the necklaces, my heart fell to my knees and the thought of him not liking it appeared across my mind, "I love you so much, you know that right." He turned to look back up at me and brushed his lips with mine, "I love it baby." He gave me a boyish grin.

I exhaled the breath that I had been sucking in for so long, I handed him the necklaces and turned around and as he put the necklaces on I said, "I am happy you do because there's a part two."

He chuckled, "There is now?"

When he clipped them into place I nodded and went into the drawer and pulled out the velvet box, "Jackson enlightened me the other day that a football players are allowed to wear a necklace in the game but they would have to tuck it in, and I guess you could say that it was a deal." I handed him the box and flicked my hair over my shoulder.

Opening the box, the silver necklaces glimmered at the exposure to light, and Amara and I's names almost sparkled, "It's beautiful baby."

I took Amara's necklace first and clipped it on and did the same thing with mine's, "I'm happy you like it."

He place his large hand on my stomach and took me into one of his mind spelling kisses, pulling away he leaned his forehead against mine, "I'm telling you this right now, no matter what we go through or what we will go through I will never take off these necklaces." Kissing me again he muttered, "Ever."

November 29th (Six-month mark)

"Afia I do realize that this is hard for you, but we have not even scratched the surface to your problems, and the more you conceal from me the longer this is going to be for you mentally and physically." Dr. Grace took off her glasses and rubbed the crook of her nose.