Personal 12

Personal 12

AFIA P.O.V

WEDNESDAY (TWO MORE DAYS BEFORE RETURNING GAME)

"Amara can you please calm down." I muttered annoyingly.

Rebelling against my words she continued to move around which cause me to become quickly uncomfortable. Trying another tactic, I began rubbing my stomach hoping that would calm her restlessness. Seeing that, that did nothing I turned in the bed to find myself facing a sleep Benjamin, seeing him I already knew exactly what she wanted.

"Benjamin can you please tell your daughter to stop moving." I muttered eyes still closed turning back around so I can get comfortable.

He shifted slightly and pulled me towards him and began rubbing my stomach and saying, "You have to let mommy and daddy sleep Amara." He said hoarsely.

And then she stopped, it was crazy how she reacted to his voice, I could already have called that she was going to be a daddy's girl before she came.

"Did it work." He muttered still rubbing my stomach.

"Like a charm." I sighed back placing my hand over his.

Knowing sleep was not coming back I decided to go cook breakfast, I waited for a minute before I got up because I didn't want to wake Ben up and cause him to be grumpy the entire day. One thing I could say, that man loved his sleep.

Sliding out of bed I slipped on some slippers and threw on my rob and walked out of the room to the kitchen and began pulling out the things I needed.

Starting to crack the eggs I smiled, cooking has always made me feel at peace when everything else around me had become chaotic.

I remembered watching my mother cook and the way she always looked like she was free, and I never understood why until I began to cook.

I stared up from the sizzling pan, my mother, I had not thought about her ever since I left Texas. To be honest I hadn't even thought about any of them, including Akua. Guilt rippled through me like an incoming tide. I guess I was so wrapped up in Benjamin and I's world that they didn't even run across my mind.

Continuing to cook I thought about how bad of an ending my parents and I had, I made a promise to myself that I would never be my mother to Amara. I would let her be with who she wants to be with, I will let her dream whatever she wants to dream, and I will never ask her why.

"Mama will always be here for you." I whispered placing my hands on my stomach.

Going back to cooking I wanted to keep my mind off that subject, I wanted to address that when I had enough courage and Amara is older.